RIP DJ AM 8/29/09

Yeah, he supermans them hoes pretty good.

for people that don’t know him, him and travis barker have a band.

he was also in the plane that crashed last year with travis barker and travis saved his life then.

Career

Goldstein was a member of the rock band Crazy Town, known for their hit “Butterfly”. He has also scratched on albums for Papa Roach, Madonna, Will Smith, and Shifty and played concerts with Jay-Z. He has played private events for celebrities like Jim Carrey, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez, Ben Stiller, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, and Kate Hudson. He had had a one-year contract with Las Vegas’ Pure Nightclub inside Caesar’s Palace to play at the venue every Friday and opening a nightclub at Caesars Atlantic City called Dusk.

He had recently collaborated with Travis Barker of Blink-182 and +44 in several performances, including the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. On December 1, 2008, TV Guide reported that DJ AM would make his first appearance with Travis Barker since the two survived the plane crash. The duo performed at New Year’s Nation’s Los Angeles 2008 New Year’s Eve Party at The Wiltern. Their performance was streamed live on the Internet via New Year’s Nation’s official site, and was broadcast at other New Year’s Nation parties across the U.S. Before the gig Barker told press, “I’m ready to get back onstage with AM and continue to rock the house. I’m very excited to bring in the New Year in my hometown of L.A.”.

His reality television appearances include Punk’d, where his former fiance, Nicole Richie, was the subject of a practical joke, and the third season of The Simple Life. Goldstein appears as himself in the “What About Bob?” episode of Entourage’s third season; he gets the last pair of an exclusive line of shoes, right before Vince (Adrian Grenier) and Turtle (Jerry Ferrara) arrive.

He was also a co-owner of the popular club LAX.

In 2009, DJ AM became Rain Nightclub’s regular Friday night DJ.

Plane crash

Main article: 2008 South Carolina Learjet 60 crash

On September 19, 2008, after having performed at a college event with frequent collaborator Travis Barker, Goldstein was seriously injured when a Learjet he was traveling in crashed on takeoff in Columbia, South Carolina. The crash killed both crew members and two other passengers, and critically injured Goldstein and Barker. They were both transported to the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia, and were both listed in critical condition. According to reports, Goldstein suffered burns on his hands and part of his head. His ex-girlfriend, singer Mandy Moore, with whom he was still close, flew to be by his side at the Georgia hospital where he was staying. Goldstein was released from the hospital on September 26, 2008, a spokeswoman told AP.

In December 2008, Goldstein filed a civil lawsuit against the plane’s charter company, Learjet and Goodyear tires; the suit claims negligence on the part of the pilots and a manufacturing defect on the part of the plane. Goldstein was asking for damages for pain and suffering, mental anguish, disfigurement and loss of earnings. Goldstein was the last passenger to file a civil suit; the estates of deceased passengers Chris Baker and Charles Still have already filed suits, as has crash survivor Travis Barker, although Barker and Still’s suits did not name the deceased pilots as defendants.

Personal life

After overcoming his crack cocaine addiction and having gastric bypass surgery, Goldstein dated socialite and reality TV star Nicole Richie. The engagement was announced in early 2005. On December 7, 2005, both he and Richie called off the engagement.

After his breakup with Butler, Goldstein dated singer/actress Mandy Moore. They broke off the relationship in March 2007.

DJ AM was an avid “sneakerhead” (posting on sneaker enthusiast message board Niketalk.com), he collected athletic shoes, primarily Nikes. His collection of over 600 shoes includes a pair of Nike Air Force 1 shoes that were created specifically for him, with his DJ AM logo appearing on the shoe itself. In a new commercial, he starred alongside Mike Epps and Kobe Bryant sporting the Nike Air Yeezy, the signature shoe for Kanye West.

Death

Adam Goldstein was found dead at his New York City apartment at around 5:20 p.m. on Friday, August 28, 2009. He was 36 years old. Friends called the police, who along with paramedics broke into the apartment and found Goldstein’s body. Sources say the cause of death may have been accidental drug overdose. Statements by a New York law enforcement official to the Associated Press indicate that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment, but no signs of foul play.

DAVE LOL u didnt have to go register another account just to make it seem like someone else knows this guy

who the hell is DJ AM LOL :rofl

that wasnt me… :wierd

and r u kidding me, u dont know who he was? :Idiots

im probably going to kill myself now that DJAM is dead.

FUCK.

ahah bro i was just laughing at the fact no one knows him, i knew him but hes not someone really popular enough for shift members to know, people here dont even really listen to anything other than FLY 92.3

:wtf

what the fuck is that? i dont even listen to regular radio… thats like listening to a cassette tape or watching a old school VHS movie. :crazy

n do they play garbage music that these guys would consider to be fly? :rofl

lol i dont know but through experience i have learned that 80% of shift members know nothing about music, and only listen to the corny ass radio… so ask them what the fuck fly 92 is LOLLLLLLLLLlll

As of right now I dont think I could find some thing I care less about. He killed him self so fuck him

aint that a bitch. He goes and survives a plane crash then fucking overdoses. idiot.

i really hope u don’t classify me there buddy…fuck the only reason i know him though is caus of travis barker, but i’m a punk kid.

im just saying that most people here are n00bs with music thats all, im leaving out 20% so u can fit in there :smiley:

what an idiot for overdosing. he made like 25K per gig DJing. gimme two weeks and a decent setup and I can do that shit just as well. I do with my friend at ppl’s parties for free anyways.

mmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats what they all say :number1

He was also in crazy town

+1

thats like some final destination shit.

people die on the plane and he lives, but dies a little while down the road.

ask Nick, he saw me before.

He had cool music but to selfishly end ur life like that makes me lose all respect for him.

what u doin fappin?