RIPP modifications question?

hey whats goin on, i was lookin for a mod that will give me big numbers and will be reliable for my 2004 tiburon gt V6, someone turned me on to RIPP modifications um, havent really heard much about this company, it looked like they were pretty on target with the packages larger jets, battery relocation ket and other products, if anybody has any info on this company drop me a line or any other brand, any info is welcome, or check it out for your self at:

thanks.

~DEUCE

[quote=“andytib”"]

hey whats goin on, i was lookin for a mod that will give me big numbers and will be reliable for my 2004 tiburon gt V6, someone turned me on to RIPP modifications um, havent really heard much about this company, it looked like they were pretty on target with the packages larger jets, battery relocation ket and other products, if anybody has any info on this company drop me a line or any other brand, any info is welcome, or check it out for your self at:

thanks.

~DEUCE

[/quote]

why are all your posts in this weird font…

are you talking about the SC kit?

i’d hardly call 300 WHP BIG NUMBERS.

I have seen some of the RIPP mods stuff for the tiburon. I was not too impressed. I did not like the fact that they relied on methanol alone to cool the air charge instead of the intercooler. Otherwise as long as the tuning is on it should hold up im sure. Good luck.

[quote=“newman,post:2,topic:25465"”]

why are all your posts in this weird font…

are you talking about the SC kit?

i’d hardly call 300 WHP BIG NUMBERS.

[/quote]

what would you do to get big #'s on my tib, and still be a everyday driver?

[quote=“Carnut,post:3,topic:25465"”]

I have seen some of the RIPP mods stuff for the tiburon.

[/quote]

fuck RIPP
fuck RIPP
fuck RIPP
fuck RIPP

thier shaft drive centrfigal blowers constantly bite the dust … the bearings are shit, the shaft couplers are shit … theres always something wrong with them

i know of RIPP because of the turbo-3g eclipse project. RIPP does the supercharged 3g eclipses, Tearstone does the turbocharged 3G eclipses

keep your money in your pocket

[quote=“andytib,post:4,topic:25465"”]

what would you do to get big #'s on my tib, and still be a everyday driver?

[/quote]

custom turbo setup, built engine.

15 grand.

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:5,topic:25465"”]

fuck RIPP
fuck RIPP
fuck RIPP
fuck RIPP

thier shaft drive centrfigal blowers constantly bite the dust … the bearings are shit, the shaft couplers are shit … theres always something wrong with them

i know of RIPP because of the turbo-3g eclipse project. RIPP does the supercharged 3g eclipses, Tearstone does the turbocharged 3G eclipses

keep your money in your pocket

[/quote]

thanks for the info, do you know of any other supercharger companies that are good, and reliable, maybe like alpine or somethin. i dont know to much about superchargers

that kit looks like poop. ive never seen a centrifical SC’er drivin from a shaft before

[quote=“newman,post:6,topic:25465"”]

15 grand.

[/quote]

i’m not lookin to spend 15 grand, i lookin to get more power from bolt on mods, but if i was lookin to get a built motor do you know a company that builds a motor for the tib specifically?

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:8,topic:25465"”]

that kit looks like poop. ive never seen a centrifical SC’er drivin from a shaft before

[/quote]

vortech makes one for the focus, its pretty reputable

[quote=“newman,post:6,topic:25465"”]

15 grand.

[/quote]

i mean dont get me wrong if i had the money hell yah , but i’m a college student and funds are some what limited.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:8,topic:25465"”]

[/quote]

and this is their excuse for a throttle body elbow:

^^^^
WTF.

plastic pvc piping would be better

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:12,topic:25465"”]

and this is their excuse for a throttle body elbow:

[/quote]

if vortech is good like focusinprogress says that use the same design for their elbow, do you thing there is a reason for this, i mean why wouldnt they just bend it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2570607

LOL, that tib is auto. and that elbow design is so bad, I dont even know what to say…

thats what i figured, i didnt know if there was a reason or not, it seams so restrictive

[quote=“andytib,post:17,topic:25465"”]

thats what i figured, i didnt know if there was a reason or not, it seams so restrictive

[/quote]

they say it flows “better” … but they dont say what it flows better then …

it flows better then if you just cut 2 pipes @ 45* and welded them together
it flows better then a cork in the pipe would
probably flows better then if you had a gerbel in teh pipe

i highly doubt it flows better then a tight radius BEND

Here’s my interpretation of the elbow

It’s Bernoulli’s principle

When the air hits the wall it creates a low pressure area on the opposite side and allows the air to flow faster.

Im sure if it had no purpose they would just use a madrel bend and save money.

edit: There website says it also minimizes compressor surge

[quote=“Mixmastermike,post:19,topic:25465"”]

Here’s my interpretation of the elbow

It’s Bernoulli’s principle

When the air hits the wall it creates a low pressure area on the opposite side and allows the air to flow faster.

Im sure if it had no purpose they would just use a madrel bend and save money.

edit: There website says it also minimizes compressor surge

[/quote]

so what is your opinion on the whole set up?