RIPP modifications question?

[quote=“Mixmastermike,post:19,topic:25465"”]

Here’s my interpretation of the elbow
It’s Bernoulli’s principle
When the air hits the wall it creates a low pressure area on the opposite side and allows the air to flow faster.

[/quote]

so the best way to make air flow around a corner is to smash it into a wall ?

and the low pressure after the bend would be countered by the high pressure in the pipe before the bend

i prefer to beleive that RIPP just doesnt know what they are doing … because they have proven in the past that they dont … they couldnt even put proper tunes into they grey boxes, and refused to admitt there was a problem

the best part is, Tearstone makes good money selling parts that fix the inherient problems w/ RIPP kits … RIPP kits run BETTER after tearstone modifies them, lol

kinda sad when a turbo company has to fix a supercharger companies problems for them

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:21,topic:25465"”]

so the best way to make air flow around a corner is to smash it into a wall ?

and the low pressure after the bend would be countered by the high pressure in the pipe before the bend

i prefer to beleive that RIPP just doesnt know what they are doing … because they have proven in the past that they dont … they couldnt even put proper tunes into they grey boxes, and refused to admitt there was a problem

the best part is, Tearstone makes good money selling parts that fix the inherient problems w/ RIPP kits … RIPP kits run BETTER after tearstone modifies them, lol

kinda sad when a turbo company has to fix a supercharger companies problems for them

[/quote]

Well obviously it doesn’t flow better. Its main purpose is to minimize compressor surge. Its a way to optimize flow while getting the benits of surge protection.

[quote=“Mixmastermike,post:22,topic:25465"”]

Well obviously it doesn’t flow better. Its main purpose is to minimize compressor surge. Its a way to optimize flow while getting the benits of surge protection.

[/quote]

i have a better idea. get a reliable bov and bend the pipe.

Personally, to do anything to a Tib and make it more than a eh car is going to cost som $$ and be completely custom. As far as making large HP and keeping it streetable, it is do-able, but at a LARGE price as the above statement… completely custom and a good amount of $$.

Your best bet is do the simple intake/exhaust bolt-ons. If someone offers a cam swap look into it.

If you want to go more; I don’t know too much about those motors, but a small turbo setep would be the next step; this would be a custom setup (Talk with Focusinprogress; he did a great job with his custom Focus project), but that’s still going to cost some $$. If the tib motors are glass, then any sort of bosst is going to require ripping into the block for a rebuild; thus more$$.

A car like that to make into a respectable street car is going to take a lot of effort and cash; something that some people are willing and able to do. Personally, if you want a DD car, do the basic intake/exhaust mods and leave it at that. If you want a “toy” or Fast/reliable DD, look into another car.

Don’t forget the tranmission. The stock auto won’t take it for long at all.

The stock bottom ends on the V6’s dont do well with boost…The 4cyl is much stronger…

Try jumping on a a tib forum.

http://www.zer0daze.com/pics/pic10.jpg

i dont see the issue with it. there is probably a really tight place this is fitting into, and making a bend with that tight of a radius would suck. im not saying i havent seen better, but i have seen much worse with brand names some of you ballerz are willing to pay top dollar for.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:8,topic:25465"”]

that kit looks like poop. ive never seen a centrifical SC’er drivin from a shaft before

[/quote]

they work very well on ATX SHO’s

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/shoguy89/Blower%20Car%20Pix/Photo_090205_001.jpg

I believe this runs 9-13psi depending on which pulley he runs. 350whp 275tq. no intercooler needed for this beast.

looks like you have options. you lucky bastard. nobody makes anything for my fucking car!

http://www.ngmhouseofpower.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

they have 2 supercharger kits and 1 turbo kit. personaly if I were you i would go with the high end supercharger kit so you have the low end kick. it looks like your car is ok with under 10psi. but i’m still unsure about the tranny.

wow it looks like that company is well liked among tib owners. and the ATX seems to hold decent power as well. just add a cooler and get a gauge. drop 5K on the S/C kit and be done with it.

^ probably the best bet if your looking for bolt-on, off the shelf performance. you could probably fab your own custom turbo kit, but on an ATX i would shy away, because the shift points and such add alot more hassle to the tuning aspects. not to mention it being a V6 probably doesnt give you much room to fab manifolds and downpipes let alone sqeezing a turbo or two somewhere. do what somedude said, it will be less of a headache.

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:27,topic:25465"”]

[img]i dont see the issue with it. there is probably a really tight place this is fitting into, and making a bend with that tight of a radius would suck. im not saying i havent seen better, but i have seen much worse with brand names some of you ballerz are willing to pay top dollar for.

[/quote]

they use it on to many cars for it to be a space issue, including their 4g64 eclipse kits, which i know have enough space for a tight radius segmented bend, or a tight radius mandrel

think how your car would run if the turbo dump tube was a pipe welded to the turbo flange at a 45* angle … not a very good idea

Turbo>*
But if you really want to know the best way to mod a tib, sell it to some guy in Florida and by a pre-modded M3. :smiley:

Good luck Andy, but really make every effort to go Turbo IMO nothing better.

I don’t know a PD blower could be fun.

i went to ripp a few months ago on a dyno day in staten island. Not a big company at all, they are a small shop specializing in performance installs. They seemed nice enough i guess. I really don’t know how much product they ‘make’ on their own. I know they sell vortech s/c’s. They also do cam regrinds.
Oh their shop is smaller than a flea’s fart.

[quote=“jetlounge,post:35,topic:25465"”]

Oh their shop is smaller than a flea’s fart.

[/quote]

90% of the shops out there are small, and they are smart for staying that way.

[quote=“Carnut,post:36,topic:25465"”]

90% of the shops out there are small, and they are smart for staying that way.

[/quote]

:word:

one of my favorite LS1 shops is only one lift wide, and 3 lifts deep. they have to drive UNDER the lifts to get to the back. then they have a little machine room in the back. this is on a congested town street corner. they do great work though. waYYYYYY less overhead

pm viper966 , he had a pretty quick tib not to long ago.

[quote=“95mx6,post:38,topic:25465"”]

pm viper966 , he had a pretty quick tib not to long ago.

[/quote]

His was the older style and 4Cyl.