Rolling Rock Brand sold to Budwieser

damn, last time i had straub was when spadafora was on Pay per view :rofl:

I WAS a loyal RR drinker, but Iā€™m not so sure now since it will be brewed with Newark water.

like anyone can tell the water in the bottle is from a different place, besides RR brewery smelled so it cant be less clean. check this http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/06/national/main1596065.shtml $1000 mint julips at the kentucky derby, $50 a sip. :wow:

I quit drinking a while ago but it is kinda sad to see this happen because rolling rock is so closely tied to latrobe pa. It just isnā€™t right for it to be made somwhere else.

As far as PA beers go itā€™s been awhile but straub is probably the best, with rolling rock being as good as any mainstream beer. I would have to put yuengling pretty close to last. donā€™t care for yuengling at all

yueng ling seems to come in batches. some good, some bad

its fucked up for the town, ppl will lose their job unless they are saved like newchic said. greedy monopoly everytime

Victory Brewing is not so well known but has the finest brewed beers in PA. As close to freshly brewed as you can get. One of my favorite seasonal brews out of Victory is the called Old Horizontal. It is a barley wine with 10.5% alcohol. Golden Monkey, Hop Devil Ale, Prima Pils are their standard line up with a wide variety of seasonal beers.

This sucks RR is my beer of choice and now i dont know if i want to fuck with it anymore

2 of my family members work at the plant. I will personally be boycotting any new rolling rock production in NJ.

that just blows. I wonā€™t drink it again if they move itā€¦:ugh: Not that I drink beer often or anythingā€¦but old no 33 has its mystery I think (not being a native pittsburgherā€¦)

My vote still goes toā€¦

The number of words in the brewing pledge on the back of the bottle total 33 words. (ā€œRolling Rock, from the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you.ā€)

Or possibly the end of prohibition in 1933.

For anyone who is interestedā€¦

There will be some sort of protest at a ā€œsports barā€ in Latrobe. The Rolling Rock workers are trying to fight back.
There are only 2 ā€œsports barsā€ in Latrobeā€¦ They are about 1 mile apart on route 30 if you want to goā€¦ Dinoā€™s and Sharkyā€™s

I imagine its Sharkeyā€™sā€¦ I thought the owner had ties with Rolling Rock

I hate rolling rockā€¦ its so bitterā€¦ I do however hate to see it leave Latrobe, can you blame them for $82M?? I cant!

Not sureā€¦ But Sharkyā€™s is biggerā€¦

If itā€™s bitterā€¦ itā€™s either skunked or not cold enoughā€¦ almost frozen is best.

I thought that is what the ā€œ33ā€ represents, 33 degrees for best taste.

No one really knows what the 33 stands forā€¦ but most people think it is because when the label maker was creating the label makerā€¦ there were 33 words and it was simply a mis print.
There is alsoā€¦
33 original founders
33 original ingredients
pro-abition

No more RR for me

I have had it pleanty of timesā€¦ and believe me I know skunked beerā€¦ I just dont like it (RR)ā€¦ im a Heineken drinkerā€¦