RUF 997 R Kompressor

Becuase driving dynamic has nothing to do with it right? But yeah, that’ll run low 12s high 11s (the white one is faster) but hey…

And it’s been getting closer and closer to perfect for over 30 years…with the exception of that small step back durring the 996 era

I’m not trying to start a flame war here, just saying it’s definitely a hot car, but to me not a viable alternative to 2 Z06’s, a ford GT, or a low end ferrari.

EDIT: Is there even pricing announced? Based on the price of a Carrera S, I was guessing between 100k and 150, how far off am I

totally agreed on a bang for buck level. but just like in racing, the littelest stuff to get you the added edge, or added driveability makes cost skyrocket. this is a great example of that

RT12 is such an insane car, it’s been on top of my list of dream cars since I first read about it.

Oh yeah, remember their yellowbird?
http://www.exoticcarsite.com/pages/tuners/ruf_ctr_yellowbird.htm

Umm…2 Z06s for $170K…a ford GT for $150K+ 360s still sell for at least $120K (for a 99)

The only thing that’s going to give you more bang for the buck is the Z06…

The green machine was prolly around 130K

But hey…if you wanna talk power numbers the RT12 (the white one):

Power 650 bhp
Torque 642 lbs ft

Impressed yet?

64000 + 64000 =/ 170k

plus i bet theyll throw the GM discount on them in a year or 2

HAHAHHAHAHAHA Go find me a new (not used) Z06 for under 78K

here, I’ll help you

http://motors.search.ebay.com/z06_Chevrolet_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfclZ3QQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ9QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZ5346QQsbrsrtZl

GM’s selling them for that price. Whatever dealers and owners want to do to rape early adopters doesn’t make them any more expensive to build

You still have to BUY the car…GM makes good straight line cars…but the ONLY car they make that is even close to the same league as a 911 or even Cayman is the Z06. The standard C6 even with the Z51 package doesn’t even compete with my EVO, how do I know this? Becuase I’ve driven them back to back.

Ruf> Just the way your mother likes it

In that case, if you want to buy now, I’ll take my Z06 and an E-class as a daily driver instead of 2 Z06’s.
Who cares about any other cars that aren’t at hand? I mean, I’m eagerly awaiting the results of the RUF vs. Cobalt comparison test but I have a pretty good idea of who the winner would be.

If they used more of the tech from the RT12 on the base model I’d have no problem with it for the money. That’s definitely impressive.

LOUD NOISE

RT12 is turbo

Kompressor is SC

There’s no such thing as a Basemodel RUF

/fin

ibsomeonemakesacommentaboutthez06laptimeathtering

I’m so going home and playing GT4…eventhough the RUFs understeer like mad in that game

haha i bet thats the reason for 90% of teenagers that know what a RUF is

The only thing im not impressed by this car is the super high powerband. 7k to get said numbers? I dont think youd be hitting that rpm often. IMHO, Id always have displacement over FI. GMs 572 800 hp NA :slight_smile:

adults are speaking

go play

yeah, i hate linear power from like 2k to 9k too

on a nonretarded note, i would still prefer a gt3

right, because cars that turn on courses that arent straight don’t happen to stay in the upper rpm band of the manual gearbox… or anything like that.

IBLinearPower

no wonder the US can’t get elite cars… everybodies worried about PEAK HP numbers. :ham: