s13 cam install in s14

i did the s13 cam install and now my idle is really messed up, i aligned it at tdc. My intake cam was pointing a bit higher up than the exhaust cam.
thier are 7 links between the circle indents on the sprokets and i installed at tdc so i dont know what went wrong. my idle is very rough 900rpm and slowly drops to about 700 and struggles to stay alive.
anyone have any advice

Sell It…

No but honestly did you ensure that you reversed the colors of the cams.

S14:
Intake = orange
Exhaust = green

S13
Intake = green
Exhasut = orange

So basically you put the Green Cam on the Passanger Side (Intake Side) and the Orange Cam on the Exhaust Side (Driver Side)

yeah i did that.
I redid it yesterday blah 3 hours its alot better than before still not exactly correct. thanks anyway

did you ever unplug your throtle position sensor (on the throtle-body) and check your BASE idle, there is a small screw to adjust the idle, set it to 750-800rpm, then plug it in again, and allow the ECU to calibrate for TARGET idle.

Just a thought, I would like to see this work for you…Darian

Is there a simple how to Sticky i missed, or can someone give me a brief how to on this topic!

I’m a little lost halfway through my own install!!!

Thanks

Adam

coo it idles like a champ

Just did my swap yesterday, 2x248" instead of the 2x232. Feels like I lost some torque but a gain at top end. Your impression on your swap ? Have you put the 248/240 setup ?

Here is the how to for the 2 exhaust cam swap:

-Achieve TDC (top dead center, lobes facing out or line up the markings on the crank pulley.)

-Use two exhaust cams (the ones with the orange paint on them) from a 91-93 KA24DE 240sx (don't argue these are the ones you need, forget about the Altima myth).

-Don't forget to ziptie the cam gears to the timing chain after you remove the cams so you don't lose the position of the gears.

-Install one in the exhaust cam spot on the exhaust side and replace gear in stock position, don't forget the lube.

-Install other exhaust cam on intake side and rotate cam gear 4 teeth counter clockwise (left in layman's terms) don't forget the lube. Manually turn cam with wrench after bolted down until the notch on the gear lines up with the pin on the cam.

-I would also recommend doing at least a revolution manually with a wrench before starting her up to make sure everything is as it should be.

-Pour some oil on the cams, put everything back together, and fire her up, if she doesn't start easily don't force it you messed up somewhere. Start over.

-If she starts you may hear a slight ticking noise, it goes away never to return after the car warms up and squirts some oil up into the cams and buckets.

-Go for a drive.

I know it’s an old thread but DAMN!!@@@ that’s what I’ve been looking for a long… Is this the same for installing an exhaust cam on the intake side of an S13 KA? I assume some ignition timig adjustments are also required to get it running right?