s13 project..take over..need advise please.

Picked up a 1990 240sx s13 off of a kid who gave up during an engine swap…old single cam to a newer ka24de twincam…im going to be rebuilding the engine just on the basis they did a crappy job with everything else and i dont trust there haphazard work…the big nightmare im having is the wiringharness…i have the original uncut and the one for the ka24de…i cannot however find a diagram for the many extra plugs i have…kinda has me worried…id like to solve the issue before the engine is compleated…any idea’s as to a link where to find a premade swap harness or a pic or 2 with an article about the swap…this would be most helpfull…thanks

Liquid_cool.

This may get you on the right path. Click on the “wiring” link at the bottom.

thanks 1320 not what i was looking for but its a start…i thank you for the effort…was hoping to find a pic style diagram…not the technicle one…and possibly and after market link for premade harnesses without the extra’s…

what year is the DOHC from? you may have an obd1 vs obd2 issue not that it can’t be taken care of.

its a ka24de from a 94…im rippin it apart now …after some carefull investigation…i find the last guy rebuilt with used parts on a new head…some scoring is evedent but not fatal…a trip to the machine shop will fix that…allso…they honed the walls…but rebuild with used pistons and rings…all of them are in horrible shape…good thing about this project…is that i rescued it from a total asshat…last but not least…there was 1…thats rite…1 bolt…holding the tranny on…in the name of better tuning…i sent the kid i bought it off of a stack of (S/A)books on just about everything…hope his nex project will be better…im a big fan of the s13 and any info or links to others builds for refrence will be most helpfull …thanks…Liquid_cool

My E to DE swap thread
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18503

nice man…thanks for the read…did ya do new pistons and rings?..and what about con rods…allso…can ya take a pic of your harness set up so i can somehwat see it…thanks in advance…