S13/S14 Coilover Information

Calling all Suspension Gods

Myself and another member are now playing the waiting game for a set of Coilovers on their way from the states that are very similar (if not exactly the same) to the very well known D2 coilovers!

My question is as follows: We would like to make a project out of this and install a set on both an S13 and an S14 and would greatly appreciate some Feedback as to: Tools needed, problems overcome in the past, tricks, tips and anything else you can recollect from your previous coilover installations!

But if we can skip this and just post a link to a previously posted step by step installation guide then please do so!

Any help/links would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Adam

Pretty straightforward. Easier with two guys, unless you have really long and strong arms.

Basically the exact same for S14, but I’ve done S13 a few times.

If you’re starting with brand new coilovers, you may have to do some trial and error to get the height where you want it… all coilovers will be lisghtly different as to how you can measure the ride hieght while it’s off the car… I dont know the general height they should be at off hand. I would suggest setting them at about the middle setting to start. Dont forget that the stock units compress quite a bit when the car is on the ground, and the coilovers wont - so dont measure them against each other.

Front: two bolts at the bottom (17mm iirc), three at the top (12 or 14mm iirc). It’s basically a straight swap. You’ll need to remount the brake line bracket but it’s really as easy as unbolting from the stock unit and bolting it back up to the coilover.

Back: One bolt at the bottom (19 or 21mm iirc), two at the top (10 or 12mm iirc)

One further note… make sure either both front wheels, both back wheels, or all 4 are off the ground, or the sway bars will prevent you from lifting the arms into position.

Wow thanks alot

I’ll get back on here with the results and some pics!

Im the second in this party!
Really appreciate the pointers!

Chris