S15 dyno results *updated*

I finally made it to the dyno today with my 240.
I have a 95 240 with a s15 swap.
I made 200whp and 196tq boosting at 7 psi
Still needs to be tuned I am runnign WAY to rich I should gain around 20 to 30whp just by leaning it out.

When are you getting back on the dyno? What mods do you have? Numbers seem a tad low.

I wont be going back till spring but yes the numbers are low right now I am running to rich.I have a vacume leak that I cant seem to track down causing me to run really rich.Pu it this way super easy driving I only get 300kms on a tank of fuel.

I have a 3" turbo back exaust
Greddy intercooler kit
Apexi power FC that is alittle fucked up at the moment
walbro fuel pump

Once I lean it out a bit I should hit 220 to 230whp at 7psi

with those mods to let the car breathe a little better you should AT LEAST have 250whp on s15 motor and turbo … AT LEAST …
hope you work the gremlins out …sounds like a good setup

And with an intercooler kit and exhuast you should be very safe to up the boost a little! You should easily be knocking on the 300HP door.

Without knocking!

300whp is what I am looking for in the spring once I get the problems worked out.I know there is alot more power to come out of it the graph goes to 200whp and flatlines till I let off.

I was hoping to hit 300 this year but I had so many ecu problems that I only got to drive the car for 3 weeks.The only reason I am still driving the car right now is because I couldnt stand to put it away after not driving it for so long.The car will only be on the road untill Dec 1 then it will be laid to rest for the winter except for a trip to the body shop it also needs a facelift :smiley:

7 psi is the reason for the low numbers. 18 psi would be a good place to be, considering the engine and Power FC. Then I would expect 300whp+.

can that turbo take 18PSI?

well even for 7psi the numbers are low I am expecting to gain a fair bit once I tune it.

and yes the a T28 can take 18psi but I believe that is maxing it out.

I think you mean make. It can make 18psi.

Well I went back to the dyno and the numbers were a bit better.
I had to take out my power fc because it shit the bed so I converted my motor to run on a stock s14 ecu for now.I figured I would take it to the dyno again just to make sure it was running safely.

Well I made
215whp/210tq at 7psi
232whp/221tq at 10psi
the numbers arent to bad but at 10psi on the street I am getting some spark knock so I have to run the 7 for now. I am waiting for my new power fc to get here soI can start tuning it and put down some real numbers.There was a guy there a wee before with a redtop with pretty much the same mods as me and at 13psi he was only pushing 230whp and 240tq so I am not doing to bad.

Wow those numbers dont warrant all the extra money for a S15 engine. :oops:

Hmmm at 7psi i was making 226Hp and 233TQ.

How did you convert your S15 to run on a S14 ECU. You know that the S15 motor came with bigger injectors that would not work with the S14 ECU unless you had a SAFC or something.

You also have to consider that this car is in New Brunswick, a lot closer to sea level, so you should expect to see lower results at lower altitudes in a turbo car.

no, at lower altitudes the air is denser, so that equals more power on a turbo car. but maybe the air is incredibly humid if he’s close to the ocean?

maybe a shitty swap or a shitty engine or even shittier tune or no-tune ?!

those are some pathetic numbers.

I have a complete s14 swap with a blown motor and when my ecu went bad I changed everything to run the S14 computer.The reason the numbers are low is because I am running the s14 injectors,ecu,MAF,wiring harness,coilpacks and I cant really tune or push it because of this.I should have my new power FC soon and then I can convert everything back and properly tune.The only reason I even put the car on the dyno was to make sure it was running safe.I turned the boost up to 10 just to see but turned it back down after the run.

You also have to consider that this car is in New Brunswick, a lot closer to sea level, so you should expect to see lower results at lower altitudes in a turbo car.[/quote]

we run faster here because we are at sea level but on a dyno it calibrates all that so the numbers are the same right accross the board.so this means if I was to take my car to AB it should be the same numbers as here.

^ Didnt know that, thats cool.

But are you sure that turbo cars run better at lower altitudes? I thought it was the other way around, or at least this site explains it like that.
http://www.ulpower.com/resources-isa.htm