S15 front end conversion

iam planning on doing this to my s14 and i found a nice kit for 2k, has anyone ever done this before, and if so how much was the labour charge? iam afraid they’re gonna want like 1500 just to install, nevermind the paint job. thanks

thats actually about right

its not a cheap swap

I was thinking of getting an S13 and buying an S15 front end. This would satisfy my turbo needs and a front end conversion.

Tom, that 6 speed tranny won’t work from the S15 front just so you know. But you have a GTST now so it don’t even matter :slight_smile:

Yes it will…

yea it will i belive i saw it done its a bit larger thats all.

It all depends on what you plan on using metal or fiberglass fenders and/or s15 rad support.

The conversion on the s14 is actually easier in your case, less modding of rad support and if you decide to use s15 fenders WAY easier to mod.

The following quotes I obtained for my s15 conversion on a s13 chassis (which is on hold atm while i get my car running 100%)
Mind you these quotes are also with sideskirts, rear valance and a s15 spec R spoiler (modded) install

Fiberglass fenders conversion with stock modified rad support + full paint job
are around 2300-2600

Metal fenders (s15 fused with the stock s13) with stock modified rad support + full paint job around 2800-3000

metal fenders with s15 rad support with full paint job 3000-3500

For just the install with metal welded fenders i got quotes from 800-1500 for install
Fiberglass install with “bolt-on” fenders (yeah right they ALL need work, some more than others) and modded stock rad support could be the easiest route and cheapest i’ve found was 2000ish with full paintjob with no other bodywork (rust etc) or and this shop has done 3 other s15 conversions.

These are an average of quotes on NUMBEROUS shops i’ve got quotes from. A member on this forum got his car done (fiberglass fenders stock rad +paintjob) for just under 2000 and it turned out great.

But an S13 with S15 front end, SR20 and 6 speed would be baller…I could sell the skyline get all the above as well as some VOLKS!

The S15 6-speed will bolt up to any sr, its the exact same transmission casing. It basically worthless though if you plan on making serious power. The strength of the gears was sacrificed to fit in an extra speed into the same case.