S15 conversion

ok so im looking to do an s15 front end conversion on my s13, two things though, a. doing research 5000 to do one from an actual s15! or buy the body kitted conversion from a retail store for 1000$ comes with everything, so whats the difference? the one i was looking at getting is the c-1 front end from extremedimensions in duraflex, http://www.extremedimensions.com/6034.html has anyone done one of these before?? im assuming everything from extreme should bolt right on! except the headlights which im positive ill have to held some brackets and such to fit right, anyways if anyone has any info on this that’d be great i really want to do this conversion just cant afford 5000 for the real deal, plus the real deal doesn’t come kitted.

http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/1989_1994_240sx/exterior/body_kits/carbon_creations/

If I were you, I’d go with that. It’s cheaper AND Carbon fibre. You’ll still need the fenders though, as far as I know.

dunno too much about prices but i would suggest getting the legit Nissan jdm parts
i know extreme is good for stuff like this but i’ve seen alot of f’ups with kits.
Every conversion with stock parts that i’ve seen turns out well with time and effort.
I have a great write up by this guy with pics and everything. Its pdf if you want it.
Plus you get the satisfaction of saying you converted it yourself.

Carbon > OEM

Sorry, you lose that argument.

It looks like those are all S15 parts…for an S15. You still have a lot of work laid out for you to fit them onto a S13. You’ve got to cut the fender in half and blend it into the S13 fender, bumper brackets, hood hinges,headlight brackets and lining all the body lines up. Its a long painful process, much easier said than done.

Finding a build thread or DIY is your best option before getting into something this big.

I have the conversion parts if you need.

s15 headlights
s13 to s15 conversion fenders
s15 carbon fiber hood
s15 bumper
s13.5 headlight brackets

let me know

I did that conversion all i have to say it was a BITCH!!! If i had to do it again do the s13 sil on it over the s15 Trust i have almost 45 hours in it and still playin with the fit. It does look sexy as hell but there is alot of work.

picsss

wut? OEM > All. Nothing ever fits as good as OEM, with out needing a lot of work

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

thats the quick version of it but i have almost 200 pics of it and still tweakin here and there almost 60 hours on the frount end. If i didn’t have any body shop know how man this would be a bitch!!!

That would be true if the panels lined up.
OEM S15 panels have to be cut and welded to have the proper conversion on S14 or S13.

I HAVE an S15 conversion on my car.
My bumper is ziptied, so the fitment is not the greatest.

If I had proper bolts and such, I would estimate fitment at 90%

Metal peices are BEST but cost way more to get done.
End result is better but more expensive.

thats tru it takes alot of money and time to do this i have spent over 800 for the fenders to be shipped to my house and the rad support so its about 3 to 4 grand for the right parts and hood hinges not gunna talk abou those but ya man its alot of work.

Yo noobie… should post a thread of all those pics and such.

Was thinking about it. but still have some work to do lol

Bro… send me those pics and a right up… deffinetly need that for when i do my s13.5
Looks so bad ass… thats stock headlights and hood right?.. aftermarket bumper?
Which fenders did you use?.. conversion fenders or the welded s13/s15?
how differant from the stock s13 setup is it for stuff like Intercooler and rad?

Honestly man Maverick Its not worth the time and money. Honestly do the s13 silvia front end. Truthful i have almost 3 months of work on this car and its still not great ya know.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

the fenders are s15 cut to the s13 fenders and ya oem hood but have a vert hood as well.

It is deffinetly worth the time and money. I mean, how many s13.5 conversions are out there on the street? Not many. Sil40’s are EVERYWHERE. I can buy one on kijiji from some random shit head that knows how to bolt on some plastic. Not knocking sil40’s or silvias at all, i love them. But you can’t compare s13 silvia front end to the s15. All the work and pain in the ass pays off when you can roll up to a meet and not have the same front end as the dude next to you… and the ten guys next to him.

Don’t get me wrong, s13 silvia front ends are deffinetly not something to be ignored. But an s15 front end is something to be admired. i dunno, just my opinion but i deffinetly think it is worth all the blood, sweat and tears…

I mean… just look at that fuckin thing… that just looks badass!

But I do agree that its not for most.

Tru say man. Just if i knew that i would be puttin this much time in to this damn swap lol I would of spent the money and time on something else lol. Like a twin turbo set up on my Duramax lol but yet again i can’t complain it is sexy as fuck. But one thing that i am runnin in to is my intercooler is rubbin my car of cold air. My front bumber is so not Rad friendly lol had to cut in to it to make a hole and make some scoops to make it run cooler lol but ya man its a learnin step for this.