S1DC invades XDC West Virginia!

Since the last drift event of 2010 I have been plotting the 2011 season, I called a team meeting and came up with a fun filled 2011 season. I really wanted to try XDC out which is a amateur/Pro-Am series based in the USA. So I tackled the project of bringing my drift car up to the DMCC/FD/XDC standards according to each of their rule books. The first event of the season was XDC rd.3 in West Virginia held a Summit Point race track. We loaded up the cars and headed off on the 8 hour journey through Pennsylvania into West Virginia.

Theo’s 2011 Sierra towing my new trailer and re vamped drift machine

St. John new rig- flat black ambulance and 26ft enclosed

Look who we found! A fellow Canadian driver Dave Briggs

Nate Hamilton rockin a LS powered 240sx. Great guy and has some sweet videos everyone should check out!

Crazy LS powered 350z

Getting ready for morning practice!

My awesome pit crew!

The party ambulance was a huge hit! We stood on the roof and watched top 16 action.

Packing up

We had a bunch of good runs through out the day in between car trouble and adjusting to the new set. I couldn’t put together a good run when it really counted which did not advance me to the top 16. Chris St. John blew 3rd gear clean out of his tranny and could not finish the day. There was no regrets and the weekend was an awesome experience, it allowed me to see what competition in the states is really like and I can not wait to hit up Rd.4 in North Carolina next weekend. Here’s a few shots from the journey home.

a partying shot of our wonderful cheerleaders…check out s1dc.ca even know its still under construction.
[IMG]http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj402/s1dcdrifter/268909_10150681477420385_647030384_19201135_7030381_n.jp

Congrats to Dave Briggs for finishing 2nd and taking home some hardware!!!