S2000 opinions? The Miata story...

vettes get great highway mileage i hear. ls1 has been known for that

x2

The Electron Blue w/red or the 700whp White with red are sweet cars.

:stupid:

I get 25-26MPG on the freeway. But remember I have a cam, 42# injectors, and I run an open-loop tune. I could get another 2-3MPG probably just going back to a closed-loop tune but I like the throttle response at part throttle for AutoX/RR I get w/ the open-loop setup and don’t care about a few MPG. Hell, I still get 20+ MPG when I’m towing about 500lbs of very non-aero trailer behind my 'vette. When I get stuck in traffic or something my MPG goes to shit pretty quick though. But that’s mostly a function of the big cam/42#ers using a lot of fuel just at idle.

Bone stock C5s do over 30MPG. Unlike Crown Vics they are light, very aero, have a super tall 6th gear, and have very efficeint motors.

-TJ

TJz28, it’ll get better gas mileage once broken in, but another thing too if you don’t stay out of it like its easy to do gas mileage blows. Another thing is that the S is tuned rich from the factory and that doesn’t help. An s2k isn’t going to impress you that much unless you really want one for certain reasons and are happy with buying a car that is strictly built for the track (with turns). Also, tjz28 they did fix the rear suspension in ap2’s to fix the snap over-steer. They change the spring rates and damping. And another thing is that from '06 on they added vsa which is really nice for the street because its a pretty aggressive vsa and doesn’t totally kill all fun like some traction controls do. I wouldn’t recommend a s2000 for DD here because it will not go anywhere in the snow. With some blizzaks it will but still not a good choice.

cobra

You’d really take a Cobra over a C5 FRC/Z06?

-TJ

Personally, I would. I know I’m not the one you’re asking, but I’m a Ford fan deep down inside. My choice is not based on which is better/faster/heavier/more expensive, etc., I would get one because they are a Ford with a shit ton of potential. Vettes are nice, I’d rock one any day, but if it came down to a C5Z or a Terminator, I’d go for the Terminator. Not saying one is better than the other, but being a Ford fan makes the decision for me alone. Anyway, back on with the topic at hand.

i would also take the termy

Fair enough. Everybody has their brand loyalties and if I had to have a Ford it’d be a '03-04 Cobra or Lightning. Both motors have a lot of potential I can respect.

-TJ

lol. i have no loyalty to ford. especially how rocky my road has been. :smiley:

http://www.lesjones.com/www/images/posts/jacked-up-lincoln.jpg

thats soo Jesse right there…i could see him rockin that…lol