Sell me on a new car.

I’m in the market for a new car. I’ve been looking at the saturn sky for awhile, but then I drove my friends Mazdaspeed Miata and its like next level compared to the sky…boost and handling.

• I’ve got the roadster bug, but I’m open to something else. . Newer is better. Warranty = good.

• I have about 20k to spend, take or lose some. more money = less money to mod.

• I am not going to swap motors or boost an n/a car. I want a reliable car with warranty but I’m open to the bolt ons…the car won’t be bone stock.

I don’t care much for the M roadster. Audi TTs blow. N/a miatas aren’t thaaaat fun - I miss my boost. S2ks seem fun, but expensive to mod?

Help me out - what car should I look at? I’m open to suggestions.

Kinda sounds like you answered your own question. Go drive some stooks, Mazdaspeed Miatas, and the Sky and see which you like best.

There are a handful of people here on the boards with stooks, and they seem like an awesome car. Can’t beat a 9k redline.

Stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookk

wait for sky redline or turbo solstice?

^ or figure out which model has the same engine as the S/C Cobalt and get the S/C after market. no lag FTW

:word:*to joe

yeah, i keep wanting to tell don that, but even C&D predicts that they’ll start around 28K…

i do like that engine tho :slight_smile:

drimodium i know my pc is a lil slow but good lord man your sig is slowing my shit down

… and the S2Ks… shit. i do like them, a lot. i’d talk to howie and some other owners about them, check out some forums. whenever i really get into a car, i’ll log onto their forums and create a username/pw and really find out as much as i can about them. i.e., all the bad known issues. like funkylemons and the transmission on his 2.0 S2K. that’s the only reason why i’m kinda shying away from saying go with that… don’t know if it’s like certain years or what :gotme:

S2000 :tup:

I will definately check an s2k out.

Other options, though?

Redline sky = far too expensive at 28k.

s2000s get very little gains from bolt ons.

I never thought I would say it, but I am very very happy with my stock s2000, and really have no desire to mod it.

*what’s up with the tranny thing that funky had? i never really did get all that…

man, i like those things :slight_smile:

00s and 01s had some issues with the diff

02 and 03s are pretty much ok

S200, RSx Type S, or the sickesest sub 20G car out there…

The new Civic Si!

srt4 used for 15g’s easy and then 1g in mods 13’s under warrenty

Isnt there a $3k diff between the Sky and the Sky Redline? Thats not that much if you are looking to mod the Sky already. I would still say go with the s2k. Its the best bang for buck. Any other car you will have to think about resale and reliability of it. Honda> all other options.

Edit: What about a Porsche Boxster?

Honestly, You can pick up a cobalt ss/sc for under 20 all day long…If you’d like you can take mine for a spin…decent little car for what it is/costs. I’d also consider looking at buying AWDrifter’s Evo if it is still for sale…or a used STI

S 2 K

m roadster > s2k all day any day. have you ever driven one?

enough of the FWD shit :slight_smile:

I can’t afford to fix an M roadster I doubt

Convertable beetle for the win :wink:

mazdaspeed FTW

i’ve been looking at them too :slight_smile: