Lets talk roadsters. Specifically Z4M roadsters.

I’m looking to pick up one of the following:

2007-2009 S2000

or

2007-2008 Z4M Roadster

I know the Honda is incredibly reliable and holds its value like none other. I’m throwing up in my mouth thinking about having to pay $21,000+ for a 10 year old Honda. However, in my search, I came across a couple Z4M roadsters. I know nothing about them, but I know a couple people here have had that motor and know more about them than I do.

I’m probably only going to put 3,000 miles a year on the car (if that) so the small amount of time I am driving it, I don’t want it to be troublesome.

Any input? I’m leaning more towards the S2000 as I know it’s going to be worth something in 2 or 3 years (probably more than I’m paying for it) and I can change the oil and put 100,000 miles on it. However, the M is more appealing. (Power and there aren’t a ton of them out there).

Thanks guys! :tup:

S2000 all day…

Cabrio. Duh.

don’t get a s2000 you’re not a 20 year old Honda fan boy anymore

Most people I see driving S2000’s are 55+ silver foxes on their way to play golf. Sounds perfect.

PS- I have no desire to mod a car.

Porsche.

Nothing appealing until you hit $45,000+ and I’m not interested in spending $1,000 for every time I drive it. Plus new house. New watches. Money that can be spent on better things than a third car.

I assumed you wouldn’t mod the z4m also has more power and a better powerband

Crusing around all I see is racer kids driving around in s2ks

@steve2k1116 had a Z4M, sure he’d be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

• Updated - - -

I agree, at least 8/10.

Nothing wrong with that whole ill s2k life I just know you keep your adult game strong lol

Dont worry. I’ll make sure to put some Brookfield Country Club license plates frames on it.

Came in with high hopes for cool stuff, but I’m leaving disappointed.

“Want a cool car, but really don’t care about cool car”

I’d go Z4M over s2000 but I’m guessing at similar price points you could get into a Boxster which I’d pick over either of them. Only problem is with the Boxster is you have to worry about IMS bearing issues, which would lean me back to the Z4M. If you’re comfortable with the IMS bearing risk, or willing to do the IMS bearing upgrade as preventative (and I’m guessing you have a hookup on the shop labor) Boxster all the way.

The S2000 is too boy racer. It’s a dog unless you want to live your life in 6000+rpm vtec land all the time.

Being a S2K fan and still owning mine after countless times of thinking about selling it…I say go S2000.
No silverfox here and Im definitely not in the “stance” scene. Stock or lightly modified allday for a car that you know will start when you want it to.
Is there a reason why you want the later AP2? Im sure you can grab a early AP2 for mid teens…but it will probably have higher miles or mods you dont care for

I saw a black Z4M coupe on my way to work with a gigantic wing. Car would have looked nice without the wing, idiotic suspension, black windows, and the dude bro driving it like a fart knocker. Personally, I like the looks of the Honda better.

But, I also see frequently a yellow S2000 that is STUPID low, bouncing and rocking like a child’s rocking horse, and the fender lips are all fucked up. So I guess stupidity knows no brand limit. Fuck cars.

Tough one, I love both cars. I’d say Z4M just because it’s not something you see everyday. I think the S2000 would be more fun to drive, while the BMW would be the nicer car to have.

The s2000 is timeless. Still looks good after 16 years

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36484&stc=1

If you get an s2000 youre license plate has to say 2soonjr

Oh and all that being said about the S2000 I will probably buy one at some point in time for a summer daily.

However it was my only “fun” car I would go Z4M

I love the idea of the Z4M, I’m just concerned about reliability. I haven’t spent a lot of time researching them yet to make a decision. I just know reliability and resale of the S2000.