Pick one V. s2k or 350z

http://www.cmoist.com/s2000/images/01.jpg
or

pictures for the hell of it.

Choose one, here are the arguing factors. The cars in question would be early years, AP1 s2000’s and 2003/04 350z (w/ lsd)
ALSO: I want to know RELIABILITY of the motors with High miles, I’m talking 80k +

• cost of maintence
  • fun
  • cost/mod friendly?
  • insurance
  • reliability (stock and modded)
  • performance (stock and slightly modded)

What I do not care about is which one “looks” better…

go!

inb4poll

I like the s2k for the fact of the most HP per ltr… and its a honda

i also like the 350z

S2K ftw

s2k

The 350z is way more powerful than the s2000. That is why I got the Z over the s2k.

Insurance was just about the same I believe.
Interior is a bit nicer on the s2k, but SMALLER
Both are reliable cars
s2k does not respond well to mods
performance wise, the s2k is a better handling car. The Z is faster in a straight line.

If you drive both, you will have a tough time deciding. There are a lot of 350z haters out there. For what reason, I am not really sure.

Power was the deciding factor for me. Something doesn’t sit well with me when I need to bring a car up past 7k rpms to get it to move quick.

700whp on a stock motor sounds decent to me…

350Z, there is already an s2k on my street.

S2K…

Its a hotter car and untouchable on the track for the cost.

Edit: Convertible is pretty cool too.

s2k

That is likely an FI car. Bolt-ons like exhaust and intake will yield you close no gains. I wasn’t talking about how much power it could make, I was talking about what gains you see from the mods you put on.

What do you want to do with it?

well of course it has assisted breathing…
ive seen small gains with bolt ons but your right nothing to call home about…how do those vq53whatever respond to i/h/e

im sure he will just look at it

OH, and, buy my car

drive it in the summer, maybe attend some track days…

Either way, if I was looking to buy my budget would be around $12k

headers don’t do much, but the rest of the exhaust system does well.

I put a JWT pop-charger on my car and it helped out BIG time. Makes a lot more power on the top end.

edit: nevermind about buying my car for a 12k budget.

than go with the s2k, it handle decent from the factory and the tranny is built by jesus

Definitely then

S2k all the way. I owned an S2000 and spent a lot of time in an '03 350z track edition. There’s no question in my mind which I’d buy.

How is that the deciding factor? What are you two basing that decision on?

Interior is way nicer on the S2k, handling is way way better, the 350z feels like a pig stock. Transmission is way way way better, it’s just a more fun and driveable car all around.