Sell me on a new car.

If you got 20k to spend, you might as well get a brand new 2006 miata. Believe me you can get the base model for 21-22k Out the door. The 06 is slightly roomier than the older miata and bigger motor (1.8 to 2.0). Not a popular car amongst thieft compared to the s2k.

I’m going to test drive a s2k on Monday at 7 pm at Honda on Transit. They only have 1 red one. You should schedule something also.

I know you prefer RWD, but if you are considering the miata/stook/sky (don’t forget about z3), think about a Mini S.

GTO,best bang for your buck.

RWD
Lots of mod possibilites
Cheap to fix

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Pontiac-GTO-Black-on-Red-6-Speed-Warranty-Only-6k_W0QQitemZ4639931844QQcategoryZ7244QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The title says new car but, are you considering used as well?
I think a used M roadster would be awesome but it may be costly to own.:gotme:
I don’t know what else to recommend when it comes to verts.

i just saw a sky in person and they look pretty fucking rad.

yeah, but lets not forget what happened with the saturn ion redlines

$20G would be a nice down payment on a C6?

or you can spend half of it on my car, and the other half turning it into a monster? :gotme:

i honestly HATE the way the newest miata looks. the mazdaspeed’s were amazing. i owuld say the sky redline would be pretty awesome. i saw a yellow sky out and about the other day and man was it a hot looking car.

I also say the redline would be pretty dope
but I don’t think he wants to wait around to get one
I say mazdaspeed or s2k

Looks like I have to try an S2k.

No FWD guys. The BMWs I can’t afford to maintain and insure.

Porsche, same thing.

I really like the Sky but it’s so fucking hard to get into one…

:word:

there are always mazdaspeed miatas within 200mi radius of here that go for right around 20k, and that’s usually with under 10k.

178hp/166tq
20/26 mpg on 91
8k redline

it’s a hot car, they’re hard to find around here to test drive though. but definitely check out the s2k also.

i think the S2K sounds like a winner for what you want, bro

there are a ton of mazdaspeed mx-5’s in the 300 mile range for 18000-23000 (autotrader.com).
18k for that car would be the best bang for the buck. s2ks keep their resale value and are tough to get at a reasonable price.

next time we talk ask me about the s2000. i drove one to PA for work. there was a lot i liked about it, but there were a few things i disliked. i currently love the M roadster. my goal is to have a 2001 within the next 2 years.

The Saturn Sky is a hot car so is the Solstice but I think I like the way the Sky looks better than the Solstice. The base model for a Solstice goes for about 20 grand. It uses the 2.4L VVT Ecotec engine like the N/A Cobalt SS and is good for about 175 HP. I’d wait for the Turbo’d Ecotec engine when it comes out. It’s good for 270 HP stock!! If you really want to be crazy, Mallet does LS2 swaps to Solstice. 1/4 mile: 12.80 @113mph, 0-60 in 4.4sec. But obviously that’s expensive to do BUT for stock I’d wait for the turbo’d edition to come out for either one

i don’t know man, the audi TT (with HUGE rims) could out track a sky or miata ANY DAY, i say a TT…DURRRRR…:lol:

really though, sky redline too much $$$? get the base model and do your own turbo.

and i know you said no FWD but honestly, if i had 20k laying around for a car, i’d get a really nice cooper S. they’re little go-karts, and they look fly as hell.

what about a z3 or z4??? i recall a stock z3 runnin 9.4 at lancaster that impressed me…

Z3s are slow

Z4s are poor build quality

LMFAO at TT

Can’t stand Cooper S, sat in one…hated every second of it. Unreliable as well.

Mayyyybe Sky, N/A.