S2000’s light fantastic - Honda S2000 Club Racer

No, you want the hardtop to be removable… With no soft top and no hardtop, that’s a substantial weight savings, especially since it is a power top we are talking about.

I dont care about top down motoring, if I did, I wouldnt buy something that I intended to track.

(Minus a fully caged SM).

No, you don’t get it. If this car is intended to be a true club sport car, it is designed for both auto-x and track duty. At an auto-x, being able to remove the soft and hard tops for weight savings is important. It’s going to be at least a 40 lbs savings.

You do realize no one markets a car for AutoX right? It’s being marketed as a track car that can be driven home.

Hardtop/Coupe > *

So Mazda’s rev-it-up challenge wasn’t an auto-x challenge to market their cars to the auto-x crowd?

No it was a safe enviornment to get people out to drive Mazda’s and get cheap publicity. That’s the only reason to go out and spend time driving Mazda’s as their whole lineup is garbage.

Man, I love the S2000. That car is def. cool, but they could have done more for it, performance-wise, as opposed to mostly asthetics. Either way, it’s still an S2000 and it’s awesome.

ugh, that white one ftw

ditto

Hard Tops are the only way to go with a convertible, i hate the look of soft top.

im glad they didn’t make many changes, so I can buy a used one and not feel like crap that I didn’t get their lastest and greatest.

it’s too high off the ground. it looks like a toy car

dodge neon ACR?

Complete base model stripped car with no options, designed specifically for handling??

IIRC: (I may be wrong), but i believe with some of the very early models you had to have an SCCA membership to purchase one.

:roll2:

the s2000 CR.

im sure its a repost. but i just spotted it in the latest Grassroots.

that honda is making a CLub Racer STOOK with an aluminum hard top.

in a hot new apex blue color

http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/www.autobytel.com/images/2008/Honda/S2000_CR/400/2008_Honda_S2000_CR_Ptype_05.jpg

honda official release.

minus the huge wing. a hardtop stook would be sweet as hell.

front bumper is lame…

I like the toneau/speedster cover though…I’ve been thinking about getting one, but I hate the current ones that are offered. That looks much nicer.

Kinda looks like me cruisin around :lol:
http://www.hondanews.com/thumbnails/2007/4/4/13677_preview.jpg?1175694394

merged.

and it was for club racing not auto-x
hence ACR = American Club Racer