S2k.. maint.. need suggetions

on plugs and wires…

So far on plugs I’ve heard the Denso Iridiums are decent…

as for wires… I’m at a complete loss… cant find anything online at all… called K S and they dont have anything either…

Car is completely stock… so I dont need anything outrageous… but I don’t want garbage at the same time…

oem honda wires. ngk copper plugs

fin.

Ask Mike about Denso Iridiums, I think the supra was down some 40whp with those plugs over NGKs

X…

iridium = big stinky poop

Friends don’t let friends use denso iridium spark plugs. They are JUNK. Ask POOPRA, or Inn-Tune.

edit: damn these guys are fast ^^^

copper 4L

$1 NGKs for lyfe

God damn ittttttttt…

denso iridium --> the p00p???

omg, u guys can’t be kidding, right?

i always heard that denso iridium IK-20 is da bestttttt…etcetc…

but now i don’t really feel that on my vic though…HIX

i might have to go back to stock denso double platinum :frowning:

I used NGK Iridium IX for about 12K…they’re pretty good…now i switched to Denso IK-20 (which sooo many people used to say they’re great, etcetc)…and it costs TWICE the price of NGK!

:word: NGKs are the way to go.

ngk

iridiums are TRASH
edit: ngk is the way to go

what ngk…?

the copper NGKs. Go to their website, input your car data, match up the part number. Or be lazy and go to Napa and let them do the work. Either way, it’s all gravy.

copper…?

how’s that can be better compared to…platinum?

i don’t even bother to ask about iridium, lol…seems like everybody is flaming it…

ngk by far, iridiums suck

Copper plugs have a thick core which allows for a fatter spark line. During increased boost or cylinder pressures the spark will not “blow” out like a candle. The rason platinum and Iridium plugs are not as good as NGK copper plugs for “high performance” applications is the spark line is thin and while it can be strong it is prone to “blowing” out at high pressures. Also platinum and iridium are known to add to higher cylinder temperatures as they burn hotter. Iridium and platinums are fine for your application where you are not making any serious power. The only reason platinum have been in the mainstream is for a mere convenience factor as the replacement interval is much longer than the typical 30,000 mile life of a copper plug. Iridiums have been proven that the only place where they are an improvement over a conventional plug is at idle where it can save 1.5% fuel economy. I dont know about you but when i get in my car i dont spend most of the time at idle. So the offset in price is not worth the extra benefit of better idle fuel economy. You are a victim of strong marketing. Ask yourself this how many times can you reinvent the wheel? Same concept, there hasnt been a major innovation in plug technology in a long time.

^
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

im thinking of going back to stock double platinum then…

for sure though, im not going to copper since im not looking for any performance out of it…

god damn it no wonder why those people on my civic forum stop talking about iridium…i swear they were so supportive about IK-20 + boost back a year ago…

now, one moderator who used to support iridium suddenly keep saying that stock double platinum is better…iridium sucks…etc… no wonder why :frowning: they must’ve found out about it…

GEt champions, they rock :bloated: