Saab sells

GM Announces Plan to Sell Saab to Swedish Suparcar Maker Koenigsegg
By Ross Edwards
Tuesday, Jun 16 2009 14:00

General Motors announced today that it has approved the sale of its Saab brand to a consortium lead by Swedish supercar maker Koenigsegg. The deal will include a commitment from the European Investment Bank for $600 million guaranteed by the Swedish government. The sale is expected to be completed by October of this year, according to MSNBC.

Koenigsegg currently only sells one model, the Koenigsegg CCX. The Koenigsegg CCX is powered by a 4.7 liter twin-supercharged engine that makes 806 hp. The CCX will go 0-62 mph in just 3.2 seconds and has a top speed of over 245 mph, according to Koenigsegg.

A more environmentally friendly version has been made called the CCXR, which can run on E85 or E100 ethanol fuel. The Koenigsegg CCXR’s engine makes over 1,000 hp on E85, thanks to an increase in boost from the superchargers.

Koenigsegg doesn’t advertise the price of the CCX, because every one is custom built to the customer’s specifications, but MSNBC says the price ranges between 1 million and 2.3 million U.S. dollars.

With Saab owned by a Swedish supercar maker, there’s a good chance we will see the return of the quirky Saab that disappeared over the past few years while General Motors owned the company.

Auto Loan Daily - GM Announces Plan to Sell Saab to Swedish Suparcar Maker Koenigsegg

lawlz @ GM

Good to see SAAB is back in the hands of the Swedes…

Bleh… fuck saabs. I know I’d never buy another one.

saab now owned by a supercar company…interesting. i hope they have a good influence on their design.

awesome. it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

instresting, i thought the Sweedish government said fuck you to the people petintioning for them to rescue Saab.

Things are looking up for Saab. It’ll be interesting to see the future of Saab.

Koenigsegg CCX is a bad mutha fukker.