Santa Came Early Today!

Just use e-85

joe are you goin to switch to e85, if so i’ll talk to you about it

I hear e85 is amazing. i know its different but i might try it out in the talon since the 1000cc injectors give me some headway to playaround with.

x2. im the same way with my teg. i got rc 1000cc so thats a start

I am not 100% sure what i am going to do, Will e-85 support 650whp and will my 1200CC injectors flow 650whp with E85. So right now its a tossup

they say e-85 needs 20-30 percent more fuel so in theory you’d be running like somewhere in the ball park of 840- 960cc injectors on regular pump.

I dont know about what hp that will support since you can probably a better timing map than on pump. Think you could make 650hp out of that?

everything I have read is 40% more fuel for e85 and i’ve read that e85 “burns up” so to speak some fuel pumps

maybe. 40 percent seems a little steep. most dudes on dsmlink forums go off of the 20-30 and it seems to work out. my buddy and i have fic 1000’s and similar setups and the same maf sensor and his global scale is -35 fuel taken out on e85 and im at -55 percent taken out on 93 for example so thats like 20 percent difference, but all cars are different though I swear theres no way to know exactly till you try.

no way to know until you break it yourself :down:

If your buddy on E85 is running a map cut back 35% and you are running a map cut back 55%, he is running approximately 44% more fuel than you if you both are cutting back from the same starting point.

He’s running 100%-35% = 65% of starting point amount of fuel
You’re running 100%-55% = 45% of starting point amount of fuel

65-45 = 20 difference in values

20/45 = .44 = 44% difference in final values = 44% more fuel.

Holy crap Steve is alive! lol

Stock turbo B series > Built all motor

14:1 ftw

I dont think you will have a problem with 650whp on e-85 w/1200cc injectors, I was told the stock fuel setup w/ one intank wahlbro and one inline wahlbro and 1000cc injectors will support 550whp. I would think you would prob need upgrade your fuel lines anything more than 550, which you prob have already done, but I am def no tuner, just relayin the info jeff sent me.

I am on a 5/8 hard line and an aeromotive a1000

Ahh youre right, I’m wrong. Forgot about the percent difference and all that.

That spells even more bad news.

I dont see that being a problem, but ill ask jeff if he has tuned anything with your fuel set up and see what he says, Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

is that pump “legally” rated to pump E85? because a guy i work with is really into to alcohol injection and E85 in domestics and he said that alot of aftermarker pumps arent rated to pump E85 (not saying it wont by any means!!) but he said people are burning pumps up running that (after a long period of time) he called walboro and asked if there 255l pump supported E85 and they said NO, because E85 is more electricly conductive than reg. gas and would be unsafe and/or cause pump failure.

Again, this is legally speaking i take it. Walboro says no to e85 in their pumps to save their ass?? anyone wana fill me in more?

Any high performance pumps tend to wear quicker than OEM, some recomend replacing the pumps every season. Being a hundred dollar item and an easy intstall its almost an insurance policy of not starving the engine of fuel. I would think the alchohol content in E85 would be more corrosive to everything in the fuel set up but here again, I use my car maybe 2000 miles a year, so longevity is important but isnt my number one concern. Like the many discussions on here about E-85, it is not cost effective for a Daily driver, the benifits will be absorbed by high compression and or turbo’d/supercharged vehicles…so pretty much high performance vehicles. And as for Wahlbro not backing with E85, my doctor told me after my motorcycle crash that i would be bedridden for almost 3 months. I was back to work in a month so you are 100% correct they just like doctors are just covering their asses.

As long as they have neoprene o-rings and whatnot (ethanol resistant materials in the pumps and connectors) it should work fine.

I dont know if anyone has used e-85 with that pump or whatnot…

I am not sure i am going to use that stuff or not. I’m just throwing new cams in it and going to run it hard on the street this year…