Saturday 8-12-06 - MTB-Hunters Creek

No idea if anyone would be interested, But I am looking for someone to go Mountain Biking with on Saturday.

I plan on heading to Hunters Creek park in the afternoon. 3-ish.

I am fairly new to trail riding, and still getting back into shape, so you’d have to have some patience. Just a Gary Fisher hardtail. It is only my second time out at Hunters Creek too, so I am not familiar at all.

Anyone who is interested in riding, post up here, toss me an IM online, or hit up my cell, 716.982.3093

-Steve

i would love too, but no bike yet and i wont be home until around 530 or 6…

i will def. head out with you when i get my bike tho…sorry i couldnt this weekend

Yeah… I was thinking you… But then remembered you didn’t have a bike. Do you have any sort? Like an older Hardtail or something? Or are you completely empty handed?

Ooooh I’m getting a bike this weekend too. We’ll have to go together.

yaaay.

My friend that was going to go cannot likely go.

I am looking for a riding buddy. Call me if you want to ride.

716.982.3093 be sure to leave a voicemail.

I have plans today other wise I would have gone. I know Hunters fairly well, but only have ridden twice this summer so would be equally out of shape as you probably.

Well, i am out of shape still, skeptical of riding alone, and not familiar with the park at all.

Only been there once.

bump. lets do this…!

i have a trick bike…are these extreme trails or what?

no. mountain bike trails. fairly technical and a decent amount of climbing.

how would a bike with no suspension fair? i forgot my parents have mt bikes i can steal

i used to ride it with no suspension so it can be done. but now i ride a full suspension and will never go back. im old and dont like getting beat up anymore.

good time!

damn. i wish i had seen this sooner. Ive been dying to get back to hunters. havent been there all summer i used to ride all the time. when i had time.

I have a Gary hoo koo hard tail. thats been collecting dust all summer.

hunters is the best place in buffalo for singletrack thats not an hour drive away like ellicotville.

Id be down to go sometime.

I’ve got a Gary Fisher Tarpon. (entry level) It’s a hardtail with a low travel 63mm front fork. A rigid fork would just be more brutal on the body and require some more technique on the steep downhill as the bumps will throw your tire contact off more and make braking more tricky, but you could def. ride a rigid bike there.

Me and Chris (soloscoob) went on Wednesday, it was fun as hell. Bunch of hills I had to walk up still. Lol. Need to get some power in my legs still. Hah.