Mountain biking ?

Ok. So I’m about to drive down to walmart to pick up one of those mongoose mountain bikes. the ones with the shocks and disk brakes. I do want to be the coolest kid on the block after all;). So anyway are there any decent trails around the WS Hamburg OP area?

Also. Who else on here gets around on two wheels and pedals for the hell of it?

Mongoose & Walmart.

:lol:

that bike is a waste of money. You will learn this the hard way when you are 3 miles from your car and something breaks on the bike.

I hope you are not serious about going to walmart, please rethink that decision and try to spend a bit more

i got one of those and it works just fine, not broken or anything, id pedal with ya

hunters creek in EA… assuming youre joking about walmart

you might want to try out sprague brook before going to Hunter’s Creek… it’d most likely be a much shorter walk if something breaks. Sprague brook is easy too, good way to get a feeling for single track.

Dam. didnt realise the bike was such a hooptie. Never fear didnt make it to walmart. Still no bike though

When I was younger I used to spend pretty much every free second on a bike. The reason I was thinking about going the walmart options is because i more than likely wont be on it as much as Id like and it would be a shame to let a good bike just rust away in my garage.

So with that said…Any recommendations as far as bikes are concerned?

Yah, buy one, and when the chain snaps when you are pedaling up hill and the pedal hits you in the shin, try not to throw the bike down cliff.

Cliffnotes: don’t buy a bike from walmart and expect to ride it like you would a garyfisher

Trek 3700 at the very least. Its about 325. Cannodale F7 is about 100 more, but a real nice starter bike. The Trek is not really designed to take a hard beating. Specialized also has a nice entry-level bike, forgot what its called but the price/specs are comparable to the F7 I believe.

And stay out of Hunters for a bit as with all the rain, it’s sloppy there and damaging the trails there will be a quick way to get MTB-ing banned from there.

PS. You do realize that a full suspension bike will kick your ass when you ride uphill yes?

Fixed.

I have a Fisher Wahoo. Fork suspension, hardtail, and it works pretty nice. They’re made by Trek.

If a couple people want to get something together sometime to hit some trails I’d be down. PM me or start a new thread. Lets do this!

I’m going to Sprague after work for a ride. Will start riding @ 6 from the main lot. Look for the red Outback wagon.

haven’t been able to get out yet this year :frowning:

I want to pick up a bike and do shit like this.

I love this song, and the video fits… it’s fucking awesome!

I was thinking about hitting Sprague this weekend sometime, maybe sat depending on weather… I need to get back into shape

Yeah, if you buy that mongoose, please do not bring it to my shop for fixing…

on a related note…

EDIT: actually… heres a mongoose tacoing it’s wheels…

I’ve been shopping around for one.

Not entirely sure what I want/need yet.