Mountain biking ?

Gus sells bikes?

I want one that I could do 10 ft drops with.

I picked up last summer a Diamond Back Response sport because I wanted to get back into riding. Well I ended up only riding about 200 miles on it last summer and then got into the road bike scene this summer. I have never gone off raod on the Diamond back seeing I live in the city and put slicks on it. So the bike is still like new. I will sell the thing less then what I paid for it and toss in the extra set of tires…

I just want to dump it becasue it’s taking up space $300

What it looks like but mine is in a olive green.
http://bicyclewarehouse.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=8708

Edit: 18" frame

:ohyeah:

…And to the post above… That Diamondback Response isn’t a bad bike for doing 10 footers, nor the money. If you’re into hard tails, it has a beefy frame that can take a pounding.

you almost just sold yourself a bike…till I saw that its an 18" frame :frowning: would have bought it this weekend.

Im really not looking to get into the hard core 10ft jump shit …yet. i have done plenty of that in the past. Basically just looking to get back into shape cardio wise) and build up my legs a little bit.

As far as the the full suspension beating on me thats kinda what i want lol. After all a good workout is a good workout right;).

Definitely considering the diamond back though.

You have no need for a full suspension bike if thats wht you are looking to do…

LMK about the bike I was going to toss it up on Craigs list this weekend…

How tall are you?

full suspension sucks… hard tails are way better

ps. me and friends have baught walmart bikes before… completed wrecked the bike and just returned it… im saying ripped seat, broken petal, broken chain and bent frame… our excuse was that the chain broke and because of that we crashed really hard…
they gave us our money back thou haha

It’s obvious you have never ridden a quality FS bike.

full suspension doesn’t suck. cheap full suspension bikes suck. spend a decent amount ($1500+) on a full suspension and it will destroy any hardtail.

6’

Why is full suspension bad?

I have a mongoose Xr-100 full suspension and seems to do just fine.

Granted i havent ridden in like 3 years and I didnt do any hardcore mountain biking just some small trails.

Im like 5’8 -5’9. Bout 170’ish.

Like i said though. i have no problem spending the cash on the bike, but the reason im thinking cheap is because I cant guarantee that i will be able to use it as much as Id like. i just hate to have a 1500 dollar bike to only have it sit in my garage. Besides i have absolutely no reservations as far as wrecking a 300 dollar bike. Shitty suspension or not.

Reason to spend the extra money…

Because even if you don’t use it, used, good quality bikes have a decent resale value.

Shit quality bikes go to the curb or sold at a garage sale for $25. Plus, a shit bike could leave you walking 3 miles back pushing a 45lb paperweight.

What would you rather buy car-wise? The $3,000 reliable car that you can sell after using it for $2000, or the $1000.00 beater that coulkd leave you stranded on the side of the road and be worth nothing more than $100 for scrap metal?

Awesome analogy, and a solid point.

Recently I rented a bike from a reputable shop to ride for the day. Just getting my feet wet with mtbing. I got pretty damn far on this rental bike(trek 4300 i think). While pushing the sucker uphill, I snapped the chain on the bike. It was about an hour and a half before I reached my car. It was horrible, but I will never ride a shitty bike and I will always bring tools and spare parts in my pack because of it.

I am thinking about buying a nice Singlespeed Mountain bike… On the cheap side I am looking at the Redline Monocog 29er for $550ish, and on the top end, I am looking at the belt driven Spot Brand Longboard for $1900ish…

Both nice bikes, I love the idea of belt drive, but I don’t know if I want to spend that kind of money on a bike just yet.

you broke a chain while pushing the bike??? thats a new one.

haha, poor wording i suppose.

I was riding uphill, just was a tough ride so I used the word push. idunno

Thanks. We’re not trying to be rude, we’re just offering advice that will lead to the most enjoyment.

I bought a low-end entry Gary Fisher hardtail 3 years ago for $300, expecting to just ride some. I ended up riding a lot, and thrashed the thing to the point where it would’ve cost me $300+ to replace the components with something not so fragile. I went thru 3 rear wheelsets also.

This past spring, I bought a used Cannondale full-suspension bike for $650 in perfect condition. Not only has it taken abuse from riding MUCH better, it has also increased my enjoyment exponentially, which in turn causes you to use the bike all the more often.

PS - To any riders on here, after riding last night, I STRONGLY urge everyone to avoid riding any of the local trails this weekend. They are in very bad shape and any increased mud-pits and trail damage could very well lead to the loss of access to them for biking. If you must ride, use the trails accross the street on Foote Rd. as those are dry and in good condition.