Scales?

just wondering about places with computer scales (weighing in your car) in edmonton if there are any?
since many people are getting coilovers wight as well get each side correctly dialed in as far as setups go. also i myself would like to know how much my car weighs as of now.

Go where the trucks get weighed on the highways.

yeah …there is one on 16 that I used to use for stuff like that …GTECH yo …

There is a scale just off of 169st and just north of 118ave. Right by truckland. Its in that area. If they haven’t changed it, you can just drive up on it and the scale tells you the weight. Its been a few years since I’ve gone that way, but thats where it was!!

I think he was also referring to corner scales. I know of one set in the city, but I’m not sure how easy it is to access.

yeah corner scales ! is there any in edmonton

Hmmmm, I’ll ask Neil at Speedworks.

I have access to computerized corner scales that I use to set up race cars. We typically use them for competition cars because the time and effort that is required to properly adjust a suspension in this manner is VERY time consuming and can be difficult.

Most coilovers that a being used on the street are more effectively set up on an allignment rack to very specific predetermined specs for best “all around use”.

When you corner weigh a car you are attempting to negotiate weigh distribution in a very specific manner to best achieve or control traction for your application. Typically in these situations we are dealing with constants in they way the car is being used and can maximize its potential for that specific track or application. for a street car there are too many varibles in its use to effectively use corner scales. unless a customer is very specific in what they are attempting to do with their car or is very serious about a specific type of motorsport competition a well balanced setup can be achieved without such an intensive process.

if you are interested simply in what your car weighs those truck scales are accurate enough.

if anyone is intersted in having their car prepared for a specific application or the street, I would be happy to help you achieve an effective set up. Please call me to discuss pricing and arrange bookings.