SCAP's SEMA 2010 Camaro

Mark and the crew at SCAP has been busy the past 7 weeks customizing a 2010 Camaro LS into a twin turbo 6 for next week’s SEMA show. It will be in the BASF booth next to a Chip Foose build.

Here is a link to the rendering that TrueBlue Tom has done
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67645&stc=1&d=1256962336

And there are a ton of pics that I have uploaded to Camaro5.com so scroll through the topic here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29424

Finished pics are on page 11

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67642&stc=1&d=1256962087

Looks awesome. I like the painted CF

Just read the whole thread, good stuff
Sucks I won’t make it out to SEMA

I really like it. Big fan of Marks work.

The front bumper is hideous.

said it before, and i will say it again…it is horrible. the cockeyed inter coolers drive me nuts.

Those taillights are absolute sex. Bunch of good ideas put into this car thats going to take SCAP to the next level and attract more customers.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67630&stc=1&d=1256962035

Love the look from the rear. But the front, not so much. Overall, still an awesome looking Camaro.

I actually think it’s pretty cool, but I hate the exhaust.

Those rear lights look way better than the stock ones, IMO.

As a performance guy I don’t understand putting TVs and heavy stereo equipment etc. in a performance car in addition to other mods that take away from its performance like heavy wheels. In my mind you do that to a cruiser type car, not a Camaro or a Sky. I also don’t generally find wild body components aesthetically pleasing unless we’re talking about functional widebodies and aero components on road race cars etc. It’s just a difference in my interests and preferences.

I say all that because I think it makes my appreciation for the body/stereo work I’ve seen SCAP do on these SEMA cars more complimentary. I’ve seen the Sky and the Saturn Vue they built for SEMA up close. They’re great show cars for that type of show and I respect what they’ve done because they’ve done it well. I like that there’s more subtle details on the more recent cars, rather than more clutter, but that’s just preference and I know what I would call clutter scores well at shows like that.

Congrats on being asked to prep yet another show car for SEMA. There are thousands of shops building show cars. Few bring a car to SEMA and most of them pay to have the car there. SCAP is given a car and asked to build it and bring it to SEMA. That says a lot. :tup:

Love the tails, c/f spoiler is much nicier than oem.

agreed. Should have put a black mesh in front of them to hide them a little. They stick out like a sore thumb.

Can’t deny the craftsmanship in his vehicles though.

I am not sure what to think right now, I keep looking at the pics some views look good others look really strange.

the turbo set up looks really cool.

Why does it have nitrous tanks too, is the kit just there for show?

Does it run? what kind of numbers has it put down?

It doesn’t run yet. They only had 7 weeks to do it and they got to do the visual aspects of it just in time. It doesn’t need to run for SEMA.

When it gets back to Buffalo they will get it driveable.

if they went with the black and orange design that was on page 1 on that forum, i think it would’ve gotten much more attention. i love the back end. 100x better than the stock one IMO. and props to them for doing the turbos and all the performance mods as well.

that look is way more old school. has the hide away headlights and retains a modern/old school look on the car

I didn’t think the new camaro could get more fucking ugly but leave it to scap to do it

whats the MPG?

:slight_smile:
Not my thing, I’d rather have a stock LT1. But looks like alot of skilled work, the detail looks great.

I’m 50/50 on it, i’ll reserve decision till I see it in Vegas.

The front reminds me of the GTO concept from around 98-99

Cars cool, good work just not digging the front end.