Scared of the ZR1 Vette?

owned…

I think the next step is to redesign our roads to handle these high powered cars

damn man… this is insane, i thought the GT-R was wicked performance wise… the V-Spec on the other hand is a car from hell. just how fast is this thing, anyone got specific info on in it… 0-60, top speed, qtr mile, etc? :expressionless:

620hp, 595tq, top speed is around 205-207mph, 1/4 mile is expected to be in low 11’s or even high 10’s.

Other info and awesome photos right down to the engine internals:

yea the power wars are all on again, just wait till the government caps it again lol

anyways, i want one… :frowning:

wow man… thats sick, i didnt like the R35 until i saw this, the V-Spec is the shit. :mrgreen:. Anyone know whats Ford and Dodge’s response to the ZR1?

^^^^ i don’t know about dodge but ford is probably bending over and spreading its ass as we speak. i like ford but when it comes to the HP wars they are always a ‘also ran’.

peace

Nissan is showing all it’s got to the automotive industry in terms of it’s expertise in engine mechanics and technology…

very amazing how the GTR badge has even more respect and brutality now in the supercar world than it ever did…It can destroy just about any exotic or international car…Best Motoring really showed how this “HeavyWeight” can actually take down the best of the best.

Much Respect to Nissan’s GTR…this Vspec is gonna amaze us even more, don’t know how they do it, but they’re making this thing literally a GODZILLA! lol

…now imagine what the TUNER GODS can do, in the near future…TOP SECRET?!

NISMO…ooh man, the future holds a lot of crazy things for the GTR & it’s potential!

*honestly, seems like Nissan is the only Japanese company willing to stretch the limits and show
passion in the sports car and supercar segment…Where’s Toyota? Mazda? Honda?..

Yeah man, I garuntee you, Ford will do something with the mustang… and if they called the R34 godzilla… whats this…

i got goosebumps

agreed man

apparently these numbers are false and itll only have around 550hp. gotta love mixing up conversions.

Regardless its a fast fuckin car.

The Standard GT-R just turned a 7:29 pushing it ahead of the Porsche GT2, Konigsegg and SLR 722GT. It is now one second off the Carrera GT time…that is a base GT-R on run-flat street tires.

The V-Spec prototype has turned 7:25 on the shakedown and will get faster as they continue to develop the car.

Then there is a Nismo version…

Thats fucking insane man, just imagine a street car putting up those numbers… wow

We are spending big money to get to 400 HP meanwhile these days all these cars are coming with like 400 HP out of the box.

I still love my 240sx…

How can you say that when a 240sx costs between 3-10g’s and these cars cost what over 80g’s.

I’m just saying it would of been nice if they packed a little more horsepower into our cars when they came out of the box instead of us having to spend so much money to get to where we want to be.
I feel that we got screwed in North America when they gave us the KA24E and the KA24DE it should of been SR20 out of the box just like the rest or the world or it should of been a KA-t …what did we get like 150-155hp.

I know those cars are like 80g’s but considering a 240sx back in 1990 was around $18,000.00 that was a lot of money 18 years ago, most of the people here don’t remember much of 1990 because some were like born in 1990 LOL but I remember it because I bought my first car in 1990! and $18,000 in 1990 is like $30,000 + today and spending $30,000 on a car with 150-155hp is stupid. I think the 240sx got riped off when they put a KA in it for the north american market. It’s got torque and it’s very reliable but that’s all it had going for it.

Isn’t that the fun part, swapping engines and the satisfaction of you building your car.

Also then everyone would have an Sr :rolleyes: hahah nvm.

i understand though, now a days thats not much for an engine, but wasnt that what everything else had back then anyways…

In my opinion if every 240sx came with 210hp+ we would have alot more driving fatalities and cops would be on our case like no tommorow, I like it when a cop thinks I got a ka24 under my hood with 145hp.

To get a 240SX to be equal in every way to a new car that costs 80g’s you would easily spend more than 80g’s. You could match the straight line for like 10 ish, but then you’d still handle like shit, drop another 5-6k getting your suspension right, and you won’t be able to stop nearly as quickly or as repeatedly. Get a bbk for another 3-4k and you’ll have massive amounts of chassis twist. Install a roll cage for like 800 bucks, and the guy in the 80k car will laugh at you, because you paid almost as much, and he can do what you can in your gutted, uncomfortable 17 year old car, in perfect comfort, while listening to mozart on his 18 speaker mark levinson sound system.