Schenectady is on Google's radar.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQnZe_Iggx0[/ame]

Watch it to the end.

Sooo random to pick Schenectady…would have been better if it popped up and said “rainy with a chance of gunshots.”

Have you ever tried people not from this area try to say Schenectady? Or had to tell the area to somebody over the phone?

This area is full of very funny names for towns, which is why Free beer and hot wings even made fun of a few towns. Not to mention we got Woschester right next to us, Renselear (sp?), Niskayuna, Scattecoke(sp?) and a few others.

Then Free Beer and Hot Wings have not been out of the state much…

FBHW actually come to albany/saratoga 3-4x a yr doing lives shows from different locations.

^yes!! i love seeing them live!

Yeah Schenectady is an awkward word. They are just showing it has the capability to hear weird shit.

Skin. Neck. Titty.

Watching people from Schoharie county, but not the town, trying to spell it on DMV forms is always hilarious.

The only radar Schenectady should be on is the one used by a huge missle just before impact.

My GPS has an odd way of saying Schaghticoke but then again thats a pretty fucked up word anyway

i call that town “straight coke” ive never heard it pronounced before. how does one go about saying it. ska ti coke?

That’s how I always say it.

Then again my first years in this country I’d murder pronunciation of “Renaelear” as well as “Latham”. Cossey still won’t let me live that down.

LOL, thanks for reminding me! :crackup

Easiest way I’ve explained it to people is that the beginning of schenectady rhymes with “neglect”. Hence the convenient nickname of neglectady.

When I used to do sports/academic competitions in school they would BUTCHER the pronunciation of “Niskayuna”. I’ve heard long i’s, long a’s, even once threw an “h” sound in there. The funny thing is if you just sound it out like the hooked on phonics commercials, you’ll probably get it right.