School loan for a laptop?

Well im gonna need a new laptop soon. Do any of you guys have experience with unsubsidized student loans? I took out one for 500 to pay off this semester, dont have to pay that money back till i graduate, but the financial aid guy that I spoke to said that I could take out a loan as big as 3000 bucks. I already finished the paperwork for this one though.

Is it possible to take out an unsubsidized stafford loan for a school-related need, even though your tuition is paid off?

yeah pretty sure u can take them out until you graduate

3000 bux? why do you need that much, bestbuy financed me for mine, i got 1000$ no interest for 18 months, my CS is 712, so if you can relate you should be able to do the same, my minimum payments are 10 a month (i pya more than that)

Lol im not takin out the full amount, although that extra 2000 to put down on the trans am I want would really come in handy. :smiley:

Id just want to take out a loan for 800 for the laptop.

Yes you can still take the loan out even if tuition is already paid off.

Sweet… I’m taking out 2100 so I can put it in the stock market :slight_smile:

I think ill go with the full 3000 then, 800 for the laptop, and the rest for the car.

0% interest car loan FTMFW! :smiley:

find somewhere that will let you make payments on it?

sell a kidney, im thinking about it to but a new car

Eh, if i make payments on the school loan, theyll start chargin me interest. Id rather save up and when i graduate and have to pay it back, give em all the money up front and not be charged interest.

Do try and not piss the money away. Use money to make money.

Jesus, you realize you will have to pay that money back?

My advise is to buy a used dell or something for 300 bucks, and take out the smallest loan possible.

You can buy a new dell for <600.

Dont use student loans for cars. The car will be long gone before the loan is paid off. Dont ask how I know

Um, yes i do realize ill have to pay the money back, which is why I stated a couple times that once the car is paid off, that ill save up that 3000 to pay it off right when i graduate.

I have a Dell now. Its the reason I’m getting a new laptop. Fuck that shit. Never getting a Dell again. Internal wireless card (or something related) is fried, no matter what I do it wont work, charger is being gay and only charges 50% of the time, screen is wobbly, and I get the BSOD occasionally with some “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” error. HP FTW.

oh geroge…

Yes andy?

I hear it’s a good time to take out loans…