student loan ?s

total n))b at student loans. most of my school is paid for by money that i had saved up, was left to me in trusts that were to be used for school, and a HUGE portion was paid by financial aid. the only student loans i have is one for $3000.

now, if i want to take out a student loan (as in i dont have to start paying for it untill after i get out of school), can i just go to a bank and apply for one? it would be a reasonably small loan in terms of what student laons are usually for (i only need about 6 or 7 grand). the thing is, im not usuing to for school, really. i have ome various debts and things that i would like to settle and consolidate, but i dont want to take out a personal loan because i am trying to save up what little extra money i have to keep asdie for an emergency (i litterally have NO savings- rebuilding the truck motor this summer totally cleaned me out, and then some) so basically i cant afford a second personal loan payment at the moment.

im not using this loan to pay off credit card debt (which i do have, and which is my own fault), rather i owe some people in my family money that i borrowed to fix my truck this summer, and my mom has beel letting me slide on my car insurance for the better part of a year, and i also want to buy a new computer. im not sure if i would have to proove to the bank or loan place that im using a student loan for educational purposes or what, but thats what im using it for.

thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some advice to me. i kno i do a lot of jackass things on here a lot and come off as an asshole a lot, but there are a lot of people who really seem to know what they’re talking about and whos opinion i rescpect and advice i appreciate. if anyone actually does finacing and loans for a living, feel free to PM me and perhaps i will be paying you a visit. thanks again.

go to the financial aide/bursars office/whateverthefuckyouguysgot. talk to them. see if you can get a sudsidized loan through them for over the amount of your tuition,

Thats what i did…

Tuition was like 1500, i took out a loan for 3k for the fall semester.

If you go to UB call up BIRD and listen to your financial aid awards. Usually everybody is eligible for a federal direct loan of some sort. You can acceot it right over the phone but there are a few other things you have to do too. If your tuition is already paid for the semester you are accepting the loan UB just sends you a check for the loan amount to do whatever you want with.

i already have that. thats where the $3,000 loan i said i had came from.

You are supposed to use the loan for educational purposes, and from what I understand, you can be investigated. I have never heard of anyone actually getting investigated for misusing a student loan, but it is something to keep in the back of your mind.

Also, you might not be able to get the amount that you want. The powers that be decide how much you can have for a semester, so your # of ~$7000 may not be granted. Also, most of this will be under an unsubsidized Stafford loan, therefore you will have interest added on to the loan while you are in school.