School me on bikes

Ok, I want to get a bike next summer I think, as much as I want a crotch rocket I think in almost every way possible it is a bad call for me.

One, I have an aversion to dieing, and a liking to going fast, those two do not compliment each other very well.

Two, the fiance/soon-wife likes cruisers, and would be very happy to have one in the garage, and she hates crotch rockets.

Three, my only friends that have bikes have cruisers, and like to do longer rides etc which I would much rather be comfortable on a cruiser bike.

These are the main reasons in the begining of my rationale. Now, I obviously have much more of a liking towards jap-boxes, and a few of my friends have Kawasaki cruisers that look and sound pretty BA. So, yea, I really don’t know shit about bikes, or for that matter care very much about them. I just want to have a cruiser that is a comfortable/fun ride, does not need to be super fast or anything. Can you buy non-harley cruisers and not be a fag? I don’t really know, so bike people, let me in on the infozzzz

my friend has a Yamaha VStar 1300 i want to say…very nice bike still kwik comfy, Crotch Rockets arnt as uncomfortable as everyone thinks they are…but thats my opinion
here is my friends bike
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/ckilger12/1271897841_l.jpg

ya, like I think that looks pretty good. But would it be one of those things where you’d pull up next to harley-pete and he would be like nice ricer bike fag and then whip you with a chain road rash style?

or do they just think crotch rockets are :gay:

Get a used r6 and I’ll get one too :hay:

all his harley friends love his bike…and when i cruise with them on my Gixxer they always compliment mine so its really just those few hard core harley guys that give u crap for the most part they are all pretty cool and respectable

and Zong…brand new Gixxer 600 still cheaper than used R6 but hey R6s are faster but I dont race anyone

then can we also get the same clothes, and share a girlfriend? it’d be like big love but 100% more man-love

hmm so what are the good jap-cruisers? I don’t really feel like spending a ton of $$ on something I am not an enthusiast about, just want to roll around on it.

The harley guys who give you shit are the ultra asshole club members who have a chip on their shoulder or the doctors and lawyers who are weekend warriors and think they have to act that way.

Ride what you like riding, much like cars drive what you like. Fuck the World.

first figure out what you want, cruiser or sport bike, or even a sport bike that is more rider friendly like a sport tourier. I personally like the japenese bikes. They dont need a lot of maintence and are very reliable. Take some time and put together some bike styles or bikes that you are thinking about and then do the research about the pros and cons of them.

i am not too keen on the cruisers but I do like my friends VStar its nice…if i may suggest goto Don George’s and talk to Steve he will help you alot even if u dont buy from there, but if u do they put u in the MSF course right away…go and sit on all the bikes u want…U may also want to consider a Sport Cruiser…combo of both worlds…comfyness of a cruiser looks of a rocket kinda…but best bet is go sit and ask questions…

get a suzuki boulevard. 1800 cc i think it is . couple mods and your making 135 horse at the wheel, not bad for a cruiser.

lol, omg

why do you bother? we all know chino is way too big of a ricer to not get a rocket.

I’ve got a honda rebel 250 for sale, if you want to learn on that :slight_smile:

get a dresser that does wheelies.

NICE RICER BIKE FAG

http://www.filmz.de/film_2001/the_fast_and_the_furious/bilder/rick_yune.jpg

Is that you zong? On the back?

Word to carnut. Anti-jap bike harley guys are nothing but elitist faggots. I.E. the dickwads that won’t give you the wave because you don’t ride the same kind of bike as them. Don’t give it a second thought. IMO bikes are more personal than cars so get what you want. Any douche bag that has to not only ride a harley but verbally announce that they are better than you because you don’t have a harley can pretty much be guaranteed to have a 2 inch pecker.

Anyhow, back to what kind of bike: Japanese cruisers are some fantastic bikes, and the buy in will definitely be cheaper than a comparable Harley so take a look at them. If you want something still sporty, then a “standard” is probably going to be more comfortable anyways so give a look to something in the middle of the road.

Bikes are probably faster than you think. While crotch rockets are faster and a bit more tempting, if you’re dumb enough to kill yourself on a crotch rocket you’re dumb enough to kill yourself on anything that leans over.

However, crotch rockets are harder to ride so it’s not a bad idea to start on something else. Not significantly harder mind you, but a $500 dollar 80’s Honda is just way easy to ride and you won’t cry if you drop it, which you probably will. If you’ve got a few hundo to spare I’d recommend picking up something as cheap as possible and riding it the rest of this summer. Sign up for an MSF class for spring '08. Then sell the cheap crap and get a good bike that you’ll keep for a few years. Look for something like a Honda CM400 or any Honda CBxxx. If you can find one it’ll be under a grand if not close to $500, and they’re stupid easy to ride. Ride it this summer and get your lumps out of the way, then sell it next summer for what you paid.

Then get a Ducati Monster and let me ride it, or at least drool on it. Sweet jebus those things are sexy.
http://www.bitclix.de/usr/h/a/handbuch/pub/9002/Ducati-Monster-620-Dark.jpg

:clap:

:jawdrop: Fucking do it. Womp on that this summer and then get a nice bike next summer! :carnut:

Are you kidding??? I’d have to say a majority of harley owners/riders are posers who want that ‘badboy hells angels’ image. If anyone is a ‘fag’ it’s that crowd. That being said, get what you want to ride…don’t worry about Tommy Toughguy and his overly loud Harley.

PS. I really don’t care for Harleys