School me on some 3000GT info

What is the average cost of ownership for these cars?
Reliability of the motor, clutch, ect.
Dare I ask…gas mileage? (not very important, but still)

V6 DOHC n/a motor (SL model)

Did some research online, but every site has asshole remarks and it doesn’t help me much (Not that I won’t get that HERE.) lol

My brother has a Stealth ES with the same motor. Other then a set of tires (and by set I mean 2), a MAF sensor, and oil changes, he hasn’t really had any problems with his up to now. The timing slipped because he never did get it changed at 60K.

He’s had the car for about 3-4 years and beside the things stated above, hasn’t put any other money into it.

So in his experience, its been a reliable car. As far as others go, I’m not sure. And gas mileage, I have no idea.

SL is the first half of SLOW… just an FYI…

the FWD N/A ones are a waste of metal and probably slower then your eclipse.

i would consider them poser mobiles…

eh, i’m not looking for a track car tho lol, and…nothing can be slower than my eclipse, my moms CAVALIER is faster than my eclipse lol, plus i’m happy its a 5sp, which is something that always disappointed me with my car.

ask ehh… 98_B18b1 or 97_B18b1 …(idk the exact spelling of his name), but he could probably tell you everything you need to know

yeah, he was the second owner of the car i believe

way overweight, way underpowered, way annoying to work on… where’s the desirable part? I guess they look decent.

Yeah, my brother liked the look and didn’t care about how fast it was or how hard it would be to work on. As long as its starts, he doesn’t care about cars.

It is a tight squeeze in the engine bay though. Ask DeviousTSi. He’s doing the timing belt on it right now.

They are pimp. I drove one a bunch of times, sometimes to tops for milk and sometimes a little road trip. I love the VR4s. but thats just it, gotta be TT AWD.

a 13second vr4 will beat ALOT of cars on the street. search the kill stories man.

:tup: good times

13 second vr4 is less reliable and more expensive to fix than a 12 second dsm. oh yeah and a couple thousand lbs. heavier.

are you serious? i like the dsm’s too, ive drove one the same amount of time i drove the 3000. but for me its hands down, Vr4 > TSI/GSX.

even now, when i see a clean one, i through the :tup:

which part are you disputing?

ur pushing the dsm. im pushing vr4

its as simple as camaro or vette. gt vs cobra. dsm = nice, but vr4 = nicer

Didnt Jack have one JT?

not really… I’m more trying to say that if two girls can make you the same delicious meal, you don’t pick the one who who’s double the weight and high maintenance.

I dont think the red one for sale on here is the SL model, but idk for sure.

Sometimes there is more to a car than speed alone. Besides this thread isn’t about the VR-4 or DSM. It’s about how maintenance intensive a base model 3000GT is.

thanks lol

yeah i’m not looking for something to race people in, i’m not looking for a 12 second car, i’m just looking at buying a nice car, that doesn’t cost a shit-ton to maintain, looks good, drives good, and thats it.

yea kev, he had a 92 vr4 and a 95 tsi

listen to this man guys, he knows these cars.