School Me v. BMW 525i Wagon

Going to check out a 03’ 525i Sport Wagon tomorrow. Anything I should keep a eye out for? Common issues easily overlooked?

Is this on Sheridan?

Yea at my buddies old shop. Got any insider info? Or just spotted passing by? lol

Haha just passing by. I actually wanted to buy that last yr but didnt want to sell my accord with 68k for the same price of that wagon which has I think like 140k. I know they are built well but to increase my miles and not gain any cash just because I want a wagon would be crazy. Everyday I drive by it makes me want to pick it up. I love BMW wagons and Sport pkg (rims etc) makes that car look so good. If I didnt have this accord id prob own that
If you buy it congrats but I will be sad, driving past it in the morning helps the day start out right!

You could always use the “hey, you’ve been sitting on this for a while now, give me a good deal” approach

I have seen this one for sale for a few months now for sale on Sheridan. I drive by all the time for work and those M-Parallel wheels keep catching my eye. I actually stopped in to talk to the owner about possibly trading my style 66’s for the M Parallels as they’re incredibly rare to come by, but he didn’t want to go through with it because he thought the wheels were probably the strongest selling point of the car at this point. It’s been sitting there for at least 2 or more months now.

The car looks really, really sexy with the wheels but I don’t think the wagon ever had them offered with the 6 cylinder, so I don’t know if it’s the real M-package sport wagon or whatever. On top of that it’s still an automatic 6 cyl, so it’s not going to be THAT eye-popping fun to drive.

It’s a nice car though, I like it.

If its the black one, it looks real nice. I’ve never been a fan of wagons…at all but this made me reconsider. I would buy it, but the miles are a bit high for me and i can’t justify owning a wagon.

Those rims ARE NICE!
I always look at them when driving by

I know, I wish he had agreed with me to trade, but he was smart not to.

Standard BMW 6 cylinder basics, tstat, water pump, exploding radiator end tanks, clogged evap valve. Nothing particularly annoying, difficult or expensive to fix.

The wagon’s tend to wear the rear strut tops out due to the extra weight, and the hatch/hatch glass shocks (which are expensive!)