Scion Owners

[quote=“98 Red Ex,post:40,topic:39023"”]

Hey, I would definitely be more than happy to let you take a look at it. I should be out a bit in the summer when it is running well.

95xbird,
there was no need for you to come in here being an ass from the start. You immediately attacked my choice of forced induction saying how “amusing” it was that someone would buy the Supercharger. Then you went on to argue that by installing it anywhere other than a dealer, the tune was probably messed up. You also continued to call the tC a sports car, which is a joke. Come on. It is a 140hp MAYBE sporTY car. I love mine, but wouldn’t call it that.

“i highly doubt you know more than me and 98redex about the modified scion world”

I am going to agree with this, if fixed the way I have it above. I am sure that you are a “master” on this car, from the factory. I also think that you are nearly clueless when it comes to anything provided by anyone other than TRD or Toyota.

I also want to thank you for pushing a happy customer away from a dealership. Not that I really had much need to go there any more, but thank you.

Now Happy Thanksgiving everyone and maybe we can salvage my peaceful thread…

[/quote]

PM sent.

Edit:

It is a 140hp MAYBE sporTY car.

[/quote]

158bhp

You also continued to call the tC a sports car, which is a joke. Come on. It is a 140hp MAYBE sporTY car. I love mine, but wouldn’t call it that.

[/quote]

I would consider it a coupe not a sports car.Jeff and i did a roll with my saturn and he only beat me by a car length until we got to high speeds.
My saturn is a sports car:lol:

I hope this shit gets locked, this is fucking stupid.

[quote=“95xbird,post:41,topic:39023"”]

158bhp

[/quote]

LOL at throwing that in there

But on that note… you guys really blew 95xbird’s statement out of proportion. He just stated his opinion (which was in a respectable manor compared to how some people reply to threads on this site) A forum is a place where you give opinions, and while raggin on someone elses purchase is a douchebag thing to do, I feel all he did was state his thoughts and you two scrambled to tear him apart on all accounts (his knowledge, certifications, tbird lol)

tC and sports car should NEVER be used in the same sentence!

Just my two cents here, but if I were to mod my tC I’d just build my own turbo kit. I know for a fact I could do it cheaper than buying a kit. It isn’t rocket science. You could even do what the Hondah boys do and make it real cheap by using DSM parts. The most expensive part you would need to buy or have fabricated would be the exhaust mani.

I would never do it though for a couple of reasons:

1. I like my warranty
  2. I already have one money pit.
  3. Its FWD
  4. Its my DD

I talked to 98RedEX in a PM and better explained myself as did he.We are for the most part on good terms.

My statements here may have been misunderstood due to the way I wrote them out.And so were some of the other’s that were not mine in this thread.

I only called the TC a sports car because Toyota used it to replace the Celica after 05.Or better explained as the Celica was competition for the TC.I guess it would be Toyota’s sports car/Sports coupe considering.

EDIT:And I do not know shit about modding a TC which I guess is what they were talking about.But I do know about the cars from the factory,(Brakes,Suspension,Engine,Tranny,ect ect ect…)

[quote=“95xbird,post:46,topic:39023"”]

I talked to 98RedEX in a PM and better explained myself as did he.We are for the most part on good terms.

My statements here may have been misunderstood due to the way I wrote them out.And so were some of the other’s that were not mine in this thread.

I only called the TC a sports car because Toyota used it to replace the Celica after 05.Or better explained as the Celica was competition for the TC.I guess it would be Toyota’s sports car/Sports coupe considering.

EDIT:And I do not know shit about modding a TC which I guess is what they were talking about.But I do know about the cars from the factory,(Brakes,Suspension,Engine,Tranny,ect ect ect…)

[/quote]

:tup: to ending e-drama…

but this thread still sucks. :slight_smile:

haha Yeah, we are good now. I was an ass in my reply and it just escalated from there…

So moving on…

I wonder how many other owners are on this board. we have like 4 or 5 in here now?

my GF loves hers.

its the new grand am. perfect little chick car. only with toyota reliability. so hopefully i wont have to fix stupid things on it.

do they have a six speed for it? 5th just seems to low on ze highway.

the transmission pisses me off. SO short for a 5 speed. No 6 speed available.

i’ve got a tc, i live in rochester but work in the buffalo area.

mines below, custom turbo kit built from scratch by myself and a friend

last year at 6psi, it dyno’d at 230whp 240ft/lbs at 6psi
now it has a 20g not a 16g, 550cc inj instead of stock and a larger front mount and its occasionally at 10psi

http://a818.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/114/l_237191eb95573aca1e00d985ac118d11.jpg
http://a871.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/l_cdfc5b46aab6971fbb7d93f9b529497e.jpg
http://a84.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/82/l_9a4fe8e3a5ece75b046468c1d523435b.jpg

^^ Car looks good and sounds like fun. I’ve heard of two or three turbo’d ones in the area, I want to see one in person!