Scion Owners

Dealer through Toyota for a TRD centrifigul supercharger is $3200 and $800 for install but it also falls under your 5 year 60k warranty.If you buy from TRD I believe there is only a 12 month 12k warranty.Chance’s are if you buy it and install it yourself you are going to muck up the tune or something.The TRD Flash device hooks up directly to Toyota’s System and they download the tune from there.

If you get a TRD blower and an aftermarket tune and something goes wrong than TRD and Toyota can blame the tuning company for the issue that is present.Toyota is not just selling the supercharger but they are selling it with the powertrain warranty.

[quote=“95xbird,post:21,topic:39023"”]

Dealer through Toyota for a TRD centrifigul supercharger is $3200 and $800 for install but it also falls under your 5 year 60k warranty.If you buy from TRD I believe there is only a 12 month 12k warranty.Chance’s are if you buy it and install it yourself you are going to muck up the tune or something.The TRD Flash device hooks up directly to Toyota’s System and they download the tune from there.

If you get a TRD blower and an aftermarket tune and something goes wrong than TRD and Toyota can blame the tuning company for the issue that is present.Toyota is not just selling the supercharger but they are selling it with the powertrain warranty.

[/quote]

well if you decide to tune it your self and have no knowledge you shouldn’t own a supercharger.

and are you still allowed to purchase the supercharger from the dealer if you dont buy a new car, and i heard they are discontinuing all the superchargers.

o well i would a went turbo (which will happen as soon as i find a decent job)

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:22,topic:39023"”]

well if you decide to tune it your self and have no knowledge you shouldn’t own a supercharger.

and are you still allowed to purchase the supercharger from the dealer if you dont buy a new car, and i heard they are discontinuing all the superchargers.

o well i would a went turbo (which will happen as soon as i find a decent job)

[/quote]

Yes you can still order the supercharger’s via dealer.I haven’t heard about the Supercharger’s becoming discontinued right yet.But I guess it could happen.

You can not order the TC with the supercharger port install through region 17 which is what WNY is.

I wasn’t talking about any average joe tuning the car.I was talking about any import shop tuning it.

Reading further on the Scion website it states 05-06 supercharger’s are $2,130 plus install and the 07-08 are $3,200 plus install.

05-06 part # PTR41-21050
07-08 part # PTR41-21070

SC was $1800. Install was like $600. $150 for a 10.5lb pulley. AEM F/IC and harness was $700. $350 injectors. $350 Water/Methanol. $800 Header/ S-Pipe/ Exhaust. $100 BPV. It isn’t exactly together yet, and won’t have a good tune until I can get with Dezod, but I will have quite a bit more than a 15 second, 200whp car.

[quote=“95xbird,post:21,topic:39023"”]

[/quote]

Also, you are clueless.

If I HAD taken it to a dealer for install, I still would have been given the full 5 year warranty. I didn’t because I was planning on modding it from the start and saying FUCK YOU to my warranty. It isn’t some expensive car I really care too much about. I need it to last me a couple more years, then I’ll move on.

TRD Sparks is a dealership that deals online as well. They were able to do the reflash on my ECU too.

Pretty much anything would void the TRD coverage, ie. Header. Intake. BPV. Pulleys.

mimo at bottoms up has a nicely modded white tc. exhaust is loud as shit though.

[quote=“98 Red Ex,post:25,topic:39023"”]

Also, you are clueless.

If I HAD taken it to a dealer for install, I still would have been given the full 5 year warranty. I didn’t because I was planning on modding it from the start and saying FUCK YOU to my warranty. It isn’t some expensive car I really care too much about. I need it to last me a couple more years, then I’ll move on.

TRD Sparks is a dealership that deals online as well. They were able to do the reflash on my ECU too.

Pretty much anything would void the TRD coverage, ie. Header. Intake. BPV. Pulleys.

[/quote]

How am I clueless???

You just repeated everything I said but with different words.You see the thing is,I know more about the damn car than you do.

[quote=“95xbird,post:27,topic:39023"”]

How am I clueless???

You just repeated everything I said but with different words.You see the thing is,I know more about the damn car than you do.

[/quote]

i highly doubt you know more than me and 98redex about the scion

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:28,topic:39023"”]

i highly doubt you know more than me and 98redex about the scion

[/quote]

Seeing how I am certified to know the car I would have to disagree.

[quote=“95xbird,post:29,topic:39023"”]

Seeing how I am certified to know the car I would have to disagree.

[/quote]

so your certification says that your scion master…i find that hard to believe

and certifications don’t mean shit.

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:30,topic:39023"”]

so your certification says that your scion master…i find that hard to believe

and certifications don’t mean shit.

[/quote]

Certification means I’ve taken all reqiured schooling class’s ect ect ect.Plus I’ve been involved with the cars for about 3-1/2 years constistantly.
My certification states I am a Scion certified Profesional and I am a Toyota Expert.

Not quite a master yet but I am working on it.

Do you work for a dealer???

[quote=“95xbird,post:31,topic:39023"”]

Certification means I’ve taken all reqiured schooling class’s ect ect ect.Plus I’ve been involved with the cars for about 3-1/2 years constistantly.
My certification states I am a Scion certified Profesional and I am a Toyota Expert.

[/quote]

i dont have to work for a dealer to know about scions.

theres a huge scion chapter around me and some of the people work for scion, scion dealers and our chapter have scion corp sponsorship.

the supercharger is discontinuned thats why its so cheap on trdsparks.

argue all you want but im pretty sure your arguing a dead point.

[quote=“95xbird,post:31,topic:39023"”]

Not quite a master yet but I am working on it.

[/quote]

How about this:
You fucking leave my thread unless you buy a tC, then and ONLY then, feel free to come back and be an asshole around me. Otherwise, stay the fuck away and stop polluting my well intentioned posting with your retarded bullshit.

Thank you very much.

Asshole.

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:32,topic:39023"”]

i dont have to work for a dealer to know about scions.

theres a huge scion chapter around me and some of the people work for scion, scion dealers and our chapter have scion corp sponsorship.

the supercharger is discontinuned thats why its so cheap on trdsparks.

argue all you want but im pretty sure your arguing a dead point.

[/quote]

Last I looked I wasn’t arguing.You were.I never said the SC was not discontinued.All I said was it is still available from the dealer and I didn’t hear about it being discontinued.

And because you know people who know about Scion’s that makes you king shit???Sounds to me like you have one of your Scion Guru’s from your chapter on hold via AOL messanger just incase you need some quick knowlage.

Dude you are a joke.Stop trying to pick a fight.I am done with you.

[quote=“95xbird,post:34,topic:39023"”]

Last I looked I wasn’t arguing.You were.I never said the SC was not discontinued.All I said was it is still available from the dealer and I didn’t hear about it being discontinued.

And because you know people who know about Scion’s that makes you king shit???Sounds to me like you have one of your Scion Guru’s from your chapter on hold via AOL messanger just incase you need some quick knowlage.

Dude you are a joke.Stop trying to pick a fight.I am done with you.

[/quote]

yes i have my scion gurus on stand by, actually i have one sitting next to me, you got me.

im sorry that i actually own the car, and do shit to it and friends with modded ones to know about it.

maybe you should stick to thunderbirds, well stick to scions

Thank you.

[quote=“98 Red Ex,post:33,topic:39023"”]

How about this:
You fucking leave my thread unless you buy a tC, then and ONLY then, feel free to come back and be an asshole around me. Otherwise, stay the fuck away and stop polluting my well intentioned posting with your retarded bullshit.

Thank you very much.

Asshole.

[/quote]

You get service at West Herr Toyota Right???Be sure to stop in and say hi to me next time you are there.I would hate to see your parts bill next time you are there.Better go to Northtown.Because I am an asshole like that.

Or if you want to say something to me next time you are there than we can do that too.I don’t need a Scion man.No need for one.I have a family and reqiure a 4 door car not a 2 door Sports car.

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:35,topic:39023"”]

yes i have my scion gurus on stand by, actually i have one sitting next to me, you got me.

im sorry that i actually own the car, and do shit to it and friends with modded ones to know about it.

maybe you should stick to thunderbirds, well stick to scions

Thank you.

[/quote]

Absoloutly.I agree.I love building Thunderbirds.And in no way have I tried to bash the Scion.I like the cars.Just have no need for a 2 door.I wasn’t trying to start an arguement but you guys are pretty defensive.

[quote=“95xbird,post:37,topic:39023"”]

Absoloutly.I agree.I love building Thunderbirds.And in no way have I tried to bash the Scion.I like the cars.Just have no need for a 2 door.I wasn’t trying to start an arguement but you guys are pretty defensive.

[/quote]

well when you come in someones thread and trying to say you know more about there cars and shit, when you cant bow out and agree you lost.

but anyways im done,

Have a happy thanksgiving.

and Will i wanna check out your car when your back home and im in town again.

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:38,topic:39023"”]

well when you come in someones thread and trying to say you know more about there cars and shit, when you cant bow out and agree you lost.

but anyways im done,

[/quote]

I never admitted you know more than me.You have not proven that.Nor have I.But do not tell me I do not know anything about a car I deal with everyday and study often.

I have not lost anything and if you feel you have won something than that is great.But you didn’t.

EDIT: Done with this thread.

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:38,topic:39023"”]

but anyways im done,

[/quote]

Hey, I would definitely be more than happy to let you take a look at it. I should be out a bit in the summer when it is running well.

95xbird,
there was no need for you to come in here being an ass from the start. You immediately attacked my choice of forced induction saying how “amusing” it was that someone would buy the Supercharger. Then you went on to argue that by installing it anywhere other than a dealer, the tune was probably messed up. You also continued to call the tC a sports car, which is a joke. Come on. It is a 140hp MAYBE sporTY car. I love mine, but wouldn’t call it that.

“i highly doubt you know more than me and 98redex about the modified scion world”

I am going to agree with this, if fixed the way I have it above. I am sure that you are a “master” on this car, from the factory. I also think that you are nearly clueless when it comes to anything provided by anyone other than TRD or Toyota.

I also want to thank you for pushing a happy customer away from a dealership. Not that I really had much need to go there any more, but thank you.

Now Happy Thanksgiving everyone and maybe we can salvage my peaceful thread…