Help...which one should I get

So im looking at new new cars today since mines totally going to shit… damn 97 mercury mystique with the most awefulist tranny
but i was looking
was likeing the new lancer but the back end look TOTALLY turned me off

then i seen the vw rabbit… 2008 VW Rabbit Type S 2 door with 170 hp and 2.5 liter hatch 15 inch wheels top speed 160

then i seen the toyota scion tc… 2007 Scion tc 2 door with 171 hp and a 2.4 liter with a vvt-i (sorta like a v-tec) 17inch wheels

im liking both but a very very hard decision… both same price… around $16,600 with warranty
both will be a 5 speed manual 4 seater… front wheel drive
both will eventually see

give me your opinion on both and wat one you would choose… i want a newer import unless some one has something nice for sale…

blah i hate decisions i like car shopping but i want everything i see…
lemme no both will eventually be turboed and have a nice body kit sweet interior and sound system and have intake and exhaust and will be raced and shown … lemme no which is better

test drive each one first.
+your a girl…work the salesman over to lower the price.

If i where to pick, i would pick the Rabbit my friend has one Very nice car

none of the above

i would go for a wrx

scion! Not the fastest but it is the most reliable. ANd what you get for the price goes along way. There really awesome cars and they have so many options straight from the factory.

what is the point of a new car or a warranty if you plan on voiding/ruining it with aftermarket parts? The only reason I would, personally, buy a new car is for reliability(stock) and piece of mind(warranty). If i want to build a car then something cheap and used would be the only route.

If I had to pick something new for the 16k price range, I would probably wait until I could afford more or buy used.

Jimmy

wtf is a type s rabbit? amd fuck calling those new pieces of shit vw’s rabbits. a rabbit never had power windows, sunroof, climate controls, heated seats, a fucking cup holder or any of that bullshit. it was a light and nimble driver’s car. you were happy if the heat worked, and coffee cups got wedge between the e-brake and passenger seat.

so someone please reattach vw’s balls. or bring hitler out of the grave to build “the people’s car” again.

on a more serious note–

engine wise, id say it is a push. vw is known for stout dependable engines. it is stupid shit that goes bad-- window regulators, coil packs. the 5 cylinder n/a engine has been in the vw family for a shit ton of time. so it is a dependable mill. toyota makes damn good engines too. but they are two different breeds. the vw mill is a work horse w/ tq. the toy engine is a high rev banshee in comparison.

interior wise, a cheap german car is still nicer than a high class jap car. no one makes better cabin/interiors than the germans. although i’ll give toyota credit, the scion is one of the nicer interiors for a jap car. they blend in the sunroof well w/ the body. the “a” and “c” posts are kinda chunky though while looking out the windshield/in rearview mirrors respectibely.

looks-- thats your call.

mod wise-- same. both have shit out there. vw engine mod probably greater. no one really fucks w/ the vvt toy engines. not to the extent of vw engines. on same token, neither engine is as developed as any honda engine in the aftermarket.

I feel like VW’s have a better overall drive and feel to them, better quality. I like the looks of the tC better though. I think sailor pretty much summed it up though.

But also keep this in mind. If you get the tC, do you want to worry about possibly seeing burnyd following you around?

biggest turn-off to the new rabbit (wife owned one) crappy gas mileage and the engine feels like a truck engine, damn I-5, trust me the rabbit isn’t a speed demon. The pro’s was a great interior and I liked the exterior styling, its was a nice car but the engine killed it for me, sorry! I would opt for the new lancer those car are awesome looking, rear included!

I personally am not a fan of the new Rabbit for the same reasons as VW16VCabby, cause it isn’t really a rabbit. It is heavier than the original, has all sorts of options which it doesn’t need, and it is really just a gulf with a different name. I didn’t test drive one when I was shopping around but I did see one in the showroom. The looks are so-so and it had a nice interior, but it didn’t really impress me too much. One thing I did not like about the interior were the ugly plaid seats. The tC on the otherhand was one of my favorites. I checked out the RSX, Civic, tC, Mazda3, and Sentra and my two favorites were the tC and the 3. I loved the RSX but it was a little too expensive. The tC had a great ride, nice interior and it is easy to mod and they are pretty lenient on customization since that is the way that the manufacturer markets the cars. I think they will only void your warranty if you really get into some major modding. I did find the tC to me a little small though, and I wanted a back seat, that is why I got the 3. You may want to look into the 3 also, it is a pretty nice car.

then i seen the vw rabbit… 2008 VW Rabbit Type S 2 door with 170 hp and 2.5 liter hatch 15 inch wheels top speed 160

the speedo might say 160, but there is no way it will even get close to that

this is a major suck-fest of wvehicles to choose from, but I have to say that lancer is hideous it looks lise they just re-skinned a 95 mustang. the ass end is as tall as a stupid suv you can’t see around the freaking thing

I’m with 240 go used… if I was a girl I would get a miata just make sure it is equipped with the torsen LSD the rx8 is also an acceptable girl car

Neither. Save a couple grand more and snag a used 2004 TSX.

I agree with the TSX, but the RX-8 requires oil added every 1K miles or so, hardly a girl’s car, also a Miata is far from practical, good for an auto-x car though!

[QUOTE=vw16vcabby;596532]wtf is a type s rabbit? amd fuck calling those new pieces of shit vw’s rabbits. a rabbit never had power windows, sunroof, QUOTE]

My Rabbit had a sunroof. Did I mention its for sale.
Amen on not calling them Rabbits, but I still would go for the VW. Classy qute girls drive VW, snotty big sunglasses Cali wannabes drive Scions, secondly those cars are just plane lame, cheap and ineffective.

hey thanks for helping … still wanting a few more opinions… the more i look into it the more i want the tc… i can fix it easier … being that more garages no more about the toyota then the vw… and i can find mod parts for it easier since its been out longer then the brand new rabbit… havent drove both but well see… tc looks more sporty and is lighter… i wanna go import … 2 door sporty looking so it throws the tsx out and the rsx to damn expensive … mazda=ford=junk not liking the mazda lookage althought the very expensive rx8 is nice… civic-everyone has a civic … new lancer-junk and over priced same with the new eclipse … sentra-have to get a spec v … wrx or evo-so very nice but so damn expensive but if n e one have n e for sale lemme no and id like to stay around the similar price range or cheaper

as for engine mods - i will not do n e thing til my warranty is up just work on exterior mods and not engine quite yet…

but thanks lemme no … tc is looking more appealing :smiley:

if your looking for just exterrior mods as it sits and looking ffor a sporty looking car you can just daily drive the scion is a great fit for you.

will eventually be turboed

Maybe a buy a car that already has a turbo. Perhaps a 05’ VW GTi with the 1.8T. A simple chip/ECU upgrade will give you over 200hp.

I’m a big fan of certified pre-owned cars. VW certified cars carry an additional 2 year/24k mile warranty. It’s not hard to fool the dealer if your car is chipped. :slight_smile:

will be cheaper in the long run…also i heard lots of people do not like to turbo non turbo motors

Yup. On both counts.

vvt-i vs vvtl-i
not sure which one the tC has, but one’s more for fuel economy and the other is your v-tec + fuel eco.
since it’s a camry motor or w/e i’d imagine it’s just the fuel economy one, but that doesn’t mean the car doesn’t have balls :slight_smile:

If a wrx is in the list, that. . .
turbo + awd = year-round fun

iunno how much more they are, but a Civic si? or maybe a BASE Solstice/Sky?