Scion tC DOHC or SOHC?

I thought Scion tC had DOHC engine in them, but a certain member on the boards is telling me otherwise (2 cams, but not “true” DOHC)?. The official site lists them as having a 2.4L DOHC engine…Am i missing something???

I know there are a few newer DOHC motors that have two cams, but run off one cam gear. Then inside the head there is just a little gear or chain drive that keeps the two of them insync. I’m sure its wonderful for tuning lol. But as far as I know the Tc does have at least two cams going for it.

^^ its the newer version of the 5sfe 2.2l with vvti makes it a 2.4l … one cam is under the other.

That’s strange. I think Joe told me that his old 4afe was like that. it appeared to be SOHC from the outside (one cam gear), but there was another cam)

^ economy “f” head makes no power.

F-heads never die though… 4AFE for life.

^^ Yah they dont make enough power to break!

really it doesn’t matter what the head is. Leslie Durst went 9.7@140mph all motor today in her TC.

^^ lol… on what motor?

whatever motor comes in the car just built for a pro all motor car

agreed…There was an article in SCC awhile back…they were building a Honda Insight Drag car using the stock motor…anything can be made to go fast.

F Series head are like that. I dont like them, but thats what they are for.

DOHC

huh?