Scores of new Chevys stored for decades, undriven up for sale

Lambrecht Chevrolet of Pierce, Neb., was like many Midwestern, small-town dealers — owned and operated by a family, with minimal overhead and little need for advertising since most customers were neighbors. Ray and Mildred Lambrecht ran the dealership with just one employee for 50 years before closing up, and later this year the Lambrechts will sell off a trove of 500-odd vehicles they’ve held onto over the decades — including roughly 50 with less than 10 miles on their odometers. It’s less a car sale than a time capsule auction.

9 pages of their inventory, some cool shit in there

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction_images/135/documents/Inventory.pdf

holy smokes…thats super cool

That auction has the potential to pull in a ton of cash.

bet they pull in more money this way then if they sold them regularly back in time…I want to punch the chick in the video in the mouth super annoying

Thats pretty damn awesome… but that kind of shit has me wondering what kind of restoration process a car would need to go through to even function again? Yes they have only one mile on some of them but they were stored in a non climate controlled garage. Those motors and transmissions cant possible work after all those years of sitting could they??

A lot of these cars with 100<less miles will fetch big money. I wish I could get my hands on some of these, wow

That’s wild.

Very cool find, should fetch some decent money.
Makes you wonder how many more of these types of stories are out there.

I know there is a former Honda dealer in Canada that closed, with a cherry mint shape '89 Crx Si with just over 18k miles on it.
There is also the abandoned BMW dealership in Ontario with stock still on the show floor.

Why wouldn’t they?
I’ve seen motors turn over that were older than this, with a little massaging have run without an issue.

I think if you replaced the fluids and filters, with a slight tune up and a fresh battery, they should fire right up?

So many cars that just miss the mark of being awesome. 57 Chevy Bel Air…4 door. 65 Biscaine…4 door. And alot of those cars just plain old suck. a 78 Caprice-fan fucking tastic.

In theory, yea.
Fresh tuneup and fluids, and check all your rubber hoses.

Pretty neat to see some of these cars untouched for 40+ years, factory plastic still on the seats. Had no idea there was 500 total cars, was this a high volume dealer at one time?

Heh, no kidding.

El Camino…

Galaxie 500…
'70 four-door.

Two-door Chevy with only 17 miles…
Vega.
Wagon.

There’s a couple of rust-free(ish) post-war GMs that would be bitchin’ to sled out.

This is really cool

So who wants to go to Nebraska at the end of Sept?

1 Mile…only 1 Mile…1 Mile…1…Mile

This is awesome, that Red Corvair with the red interior was gorgeous.

Incredible!
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/wqud5kVBZK6Oy3E_n_hJwg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00NzM7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/autos/2013-06-25/86eab95a-dd47-44fc-b552-429a5492ad21_15L_9.JPG

cool… but what you can do apart from put them in a museum. you can’t drive them, you can’t restore them, etc…

Saw this article a few days ago. Pretty sweet stuff. This is the American Pickers dream find.

Hopefully I can score myself the mint mid-90’s lumina euro edition I’ve always dreamed of!