Seat FIA dates and racing

Just wondering if anyone knows about as far as AutoX, Trackdays, Drag racing etc.

I have a pair of Sparco Pro 2000s that are dated July 2002. I bought them from a forum member a few years ago and may finally use them or sell them this year. But I’m wondering how the date will effect the use and/or value of them.

I figured since there are a bunch of people on here that race in various forms I’d get some insight regarding different sanctioning bodies/rules etc.

Actually auto-X doesn’t matter, track days most don’t inspect seat style much less date, drag racing allows the worst seats so and expired FIA would be golden.

Wheel to wheel road racing is when stuff starts to get scrutinized. This really is a gray area. I have heard tech inspectors say seat dates do not matter, and have heard other say they do matter. The worst case scenario is that a back brace has to be added to the cage;

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22665&highlight=seat+date

For wheel to wheel, performance rally and some other forms of motorsport this may be an issue. Check with the sanctioning bodies governing the events you’ll be taking part in. You can send the seats in for re-certification if necessary.

Thanks for the replies.

That’s pretty much what I expected (and hoped) would be the case. Good to hear that the seats are still useable and have value if I decide to sell them.

Is there any style/method of mounting (not including the back brace) that you’d recommend to satisfy different various rule books? Maybe it doesn’t matter too much since the car is a high 12 sec 1/4 and I’d like to do track days but doubt I’ll try any AutoX this season. So I personally wouldn’t be completing in the higher level motorsports with stricter rules (like you mentioned Mike).

Rally doesn’t care about dates on the seats, only the belts. They didn’t even care about how they were bolted down, as long as the belts were securely attached.