Seller Catalog/Thread/Forum

I agree 100% with this.[/quote]

Yes, I agree as well.

Since the whole ‘Inbox’ thing screw’s up a lot of these new commers don’t check their pms.

& For Jammin911’s Original Idea. You wouldn’t have to make the Forum Index Page huge. You could easily just create another For sale section in which each regular user could have his own little section for everything he/she is selling.

Actually yea. This just came to mind. We could hav a “SON Certified Sellers” section. Where each certified seller would have his own thread and have full rights to his thread. Like you can make a seperate section and then for a small fee that person can get a SON certified thread where they can moderate there own thread.
Ofcourse they would have the ability to moderate other sellers threads but I think that it wouldn’t be a problem and if done would result in a removal from the SON Certified thread.
It could be like a $5 dollar yearly charge for members and $10 Yearly charge for non members.
And then instead of a bunch of threads they’ll have one thread and they’ll get a SON Certified Seller or a SON Seller/Member under their name. What do you think?

I like $1 a post.

I wonder if original posters are blocked from replying in their own threads
in the F/S. If not, would have to hack the forum code to get it to work.

There is probably a hack out there already for phpBB G… There are thousands of them to do silly random things.

I thing some of these ideas are pretty good and thats what this section of the forum is here for, keep them coming.

Also, I think having the sellers pay to post is a fantastic idea. Something Awful (second largest forum on the internet… as of 2004 anyway) has a really neat setup but it’s all done with an extremely hacked version of vbullitin. But basically once you’ve got a thread in the for sale section, you can pay $5 to have it AUTOMATICALLY turned in to a sticky for a day.

I’m not saying that pricing or that length of time is ideal for these forums, but it’s a fantastic system. It would probably be more like $3 for 7 days.

They also had a whole banner system setup which was really cheap advertising and I make use of it very often… $50 for 30 days of a banner ad in the rotation - now keep in mind they have hundreds of thousands of members and usually 3000-4000 members online at any given time so again, the pricing is skewed. There was also like 20-30 banners in the rotation all the time but it still works great. I would basically create a for sale thread and then make a banner with a simple advertisement and when clicked it would just go to that thread

yeah I don’t think there is anyway we can justify charging $3 to post a for sale item. The costs will just be passed along to whoever is buying / selling and we’ll all lose because people won’t bother puting up cheap parts that they just want to dump.

you didnt read the whole thread I think Sven :slight_smile:

We’re talking about charging for “priviledged” sellers

In the short time I’ve been here, I have noticed that there are a number of people who are chronic Buy&Sell trolls (including a certain moderator who seems to crap in a lot of threads)… So why not just enforce a rule that says any threadcrapping, price policing, etc will put you on thin ice, and any further infractions will earn a temp ban. The rule should simply state that the only posts allowed in a for sale thread should be by those interested in buying (ie questions about the item, pm notifications).

If you don’t like the item or the price and you feel that strongly about it, PM the seller or keep your mouth shut.

I vote for a free for all!

All publicity is good publicity, right?

Yes and there is such a thing as freedom of speach. I didn’t think this was any of a problem. I think the only people who think it is a problem are the users who only use this board for the buy and sell purpose.

Freedom of Speech? You’ve got to be kidding me.

This isn’t pre-school people. If you think this is a freedom of speech issue, read the act.

Do you honestly believe that freedom of speech gives you the right to say whatever you want whenever you want, to whoever you want?

“Hi Mr. Bush. My name is John and I’d just like to take advantage of my freedom of speech and tell you to FUCK OFF on national television. Thank you.”

Yea. Right.

Yea I know but somebody had to throw that out there. And I’m pretty sure your aloud to say that. It’s rude but there is nothing against it. Eminem says it in Mosh, I’m pretty sure many other songs say it too thats just what comes to mind. If you can say it in a song which is aired on TV and Radio’s why would he not be aloud to say it to his face while shaking his hand.

this is getting off topic.

find the topic soon or im locking it up

GT

You just can’t. There are limitations to our freedoms.

Maybe according to law you could tell Bush to Fuck off. :slight_smile: I don’t know a lot about law myself - but there are definitely things you aren’t allowed to say.

Ok fine, how about, “Mr. Bush. I planted a bomb in your limosine” :slight_smile:

Greg… Lock it. We all know you want to!

yea its done now.

i dont think theres ice thin enough to describe where this thread was sitting…

interesting tho… another thread down… i wonder waht caused that.

GT