Selling a car tomm, need bank cheque help asap!

Guy is flying in from LI, and I need to verify the cheque. How can I do this on a Saturday? It’s Estoria bank. To complicate matters, the guy maybhave already gotten the cheque made in my name, but my stepdad will be finalizing the sale.

this is a complete shot in the dark but i would go to any bank thats open and maybe see if they can verify the funds. i know citizens is open on sat…

never take a check, ever. its a scam. cash or bust

Certified bank check, my bad. Found out his bank is open til 3 tomm so we’ll call as soon as he gets off the plane to verify.

If I were you, I would do a quick google search and possibly turn up ASTORIA bank. Their contact page might list 1-800-astoria as their number, and they just might have Saturday hours from 8:30am to 3:00pm EST…

https://www.astoriafederal.com/html/login/contactus.jsp

:wink:

Call him tomo morning to get the check numbers, and have it verified before he arrives???

every single craigslist scam starts with certified bank check.

We’re not all selling $200 cars you know.

:word:

In for results… ill check back in a month. good luck

how is that relevant? what does the value of the car have to do with the possibility of getting scammed?

in fact, why would you fly somewhere to scam someone out of a shitty car? it would be more worth it to do on a nice car.

i agree with the certified check thing smelling like a scam.

I flew to florida a few years ago with a certified bank check to buy a car, and i didn’t scam anyone.

i’m not saying it’s a guaranteed scam, i’m just saying, “cover your bases.”

I gave a guy a stack of cash when I bought the vette…his eyes got large haha… I paid for the M3 with a certified check though.