Selling question

I am about to sell the Integra and I need to know what I need to do paperwork wise. What do I need to do to transfer the title, registration, etc. to the new owner? Or does the new owner do these things?

This is my first foray into selling a car, so the more details (if any) you can give will be appreciated.

u must take it to a notary!!!

is the buyer from PA?

Yes he is. He’s out by Robinson.

You and the buyer go to the notary. He pays for title transfer and (if applicable) registration. All you have to do is bring the title and driver’s license or state photo ID. He has to bring license/ID and proof of insurance (if he’s registering it).

He’ll pay the notary tax on the “sale price” you tell the notary (you can lie and save the guy a few bucks), title, and registration.

You pay nothing.

If you do lie to the notary about the sale price, make sure you tell the guy before you go in. It would really suck if the notary said “Selling price” and you said $300 and he said $5000.

One more question. The car is still in my brother’s name, but he is in New York. Do they need his ID or will mine be okay for the notary?

he has to be there!