selling vehicle, removing driveshaft

so i sold my jeep to a guy in rochester. hes coming this morning with a dolly to tow it home. he asked me to remove the rear driveshaft for him cause he doesnt want it connected while towing it. the reciept i wrote says sold ‘‘as is’’ with no warranty, but should i let him take it out anyways?

is it easy to take out?? if so just take it out and throw it in the back

dependant on how much crap is in the way, the driveshaft should be pretty easy to remove

i know its easy to remove i was just curious if i should let him do it in case something happens down the road and wants to blame me for it.

As Is is AS IS.

I would tell him to take it out and reinstall it so its all on him.

If he makes you take it apart then make sure you note on the reciept with drive shaft not installed.

If the guy was cool in the pre-sale I’d probably do it, but make him sign something saying you removed it and you’re not responsible.

do you have to drop the exhaust to drop the driveshaft?

could be a pita

i would do it just to help him out.

but then again i’ve lost a few hundred getting screwed by people, for what it’s worth.

id just take it out for um. make sure he knows how to put it back on so there arent any problems. If its a wrangler all it takes is puting the slip yoke back into the transfer case and then tighten the 4 5/16" bolts holding on the 2 u joint straps to the rear end

take it out, its sold as is so your covered there

he came over, i told him i left it on in case he wanted to drive it before he loaded it up on the trailer. he took it off, all went well.

dre, you dont have to touch anything when dropping a driveshaft. its 4 bolts and just slides right off.

if it has a part time tcase then you can tow it with the tcase in neutral and you’ll be fine. The oil pump runs off the rear output shaft.

If it’s a 4x4 just put the transfer-case in neutral, this will let both axles/driveshafts spin freely without spinning the transmission.

if it’s part time 231, 233, 241, 243 you’ll be fine. If it’s a 245 or 247 you’ll destroy it towing it on a dolly. Same goes for 140, and 147. Basically any full time 4wd tcase you can’t tow on a dolly.

[quote=“soopa7fly,post:11,topic:33536"”]

he came over, i told him i left it on in case he wanted to drive it before he loaded it up on the trailer. he took it off, all went well.

dre, you dont have to touch anything when dropping a driveshaft. its 4 bolts and just slides right off.

[/quote]