Serious discussion about Car Building Needed.

The crown is baiscally like an LS400.only came with 4-8 speed automatic. You might have seen it suggested elsewhere cause the crown ecu is a ecu that operates only the engine and the transmission has a completely seperate ecu, but it was never sold in the US so I’m fucked there cause scan tools will not scan Japanese ECUs

This wouldnt be an issue if I didn’t live in fucking shit hole of the world NY state

I agree with that statement.

Ron, I can assist you with this. I will PM you something. Call me to discuss…

Dunno if this helps but…if you clear the codes before getting tested…

99 and older = allowed to have two incomplete tests (which may cause CEL) during inspection.

00 and above = allowed 1 incomplete test (which may cause CEL) during inspection.

You sure? Wouldn’t my ECU be classified as “Japanese”? My scan tool ($70 on EBay) scans it fine. Sometimes it says “Manufacturer specific code” but I can just google the few that come up like that.

check your pms fool.

Mike I couldnt get your link to open, but that pretty much what im working on right now.

Adam Ilike very much where you are going with that. I will be in touch soon as it could be the key i needed and for that price puts a huge smile on my face.

Ilya see thats where I’m cloudy. I know that people who have 1jzs and JDM 2jzs with JDM ecus scan as encrypted jibberish and therefore do not pass. Also in searching I couldn’t find a Crown Majesta ECU to save my life. lol

dude, that thing is dirt cheap for a V8 (8500 obo) and its tastefully modded.

Here try the old thread from when it was last sold. It is now in NY and with different wheels:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-vehicles-classifieds/439028-manual-sc400-f-s-jdm-ups-built.html

I replied to you some more. Feel free to call me if needed :wink:

I am 100% sure it can be done since there are still OBDII simulators out there that can pass inspection. Boxersix probably knows what he’s doing. Good luck

Thanks for the vote of confidence there

probably=definitely??

:lol just being a wise ass here

Use your charm and good looks to ‘acquire’ an inspection sticker each year. Done.

Ron/Adam I’m interested in the idea you two are PMing around! Keep me in the loop!

Problem…not many female registered NYS inspectors out there and AP2Nick says my BJs just don’t cut it anymore

I never said to get the sticker from a shop…use imagination, or borrow mine:wow

IM pretty sure Adam has set my mind at ease. His one solution is super easy the other is a bit more complicated and I may need his assistance on it but that would work as well.

So onward and upward