General NYS inspection and OBD2 question

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a car pass inspection with an obd2 motor, computer, drivetrain from a totally different manufacturer fully installed in the car with no CELs?

For instance a LS2 powered 97 Nissan 240sx

Far as I know, yes.

not unless the lsx motor is ran off the nissan comp and that is what d.m.v sees

Or if the 240 is registered under the LS2s original VIN. GTO, Corvette, TBSS. Then maybe…

nope cause the comp looks for a nissan calibration , gm dont have it . i just taked to d.m.v about all that

They must of changed it recently then… has to be a way around. People in Cali do it (LS1 in a 240sx)

I thought this could be done also. As long as it plugs in and passes it doesn’t matter/know it’s a gm

New software looks for calibrations in the p.c.m set by factory . All pcm,s have a calibration code . It’s poss to do a lsx in any iobd2 pcm as ya just flash the vin to it . But a lsx in a non gm esp import is gonna be expensive to get done

it depends on if either platform had a vin etched ecu. if neither of them do, then i think it wouldnt matter

I wanna say vin etched ecus are only for 2000/2001 and up vehicles usually refered to as obd2b…

All gm from 94 up had vin written ecu,s

im putting an ls9 into my rusty civic…no…no im not

I was under the impression that you can put a different engine in any vehicle as long it was the same year or newer and the same weight class… i would look at dmv web site.

Not true at all homeboy

Well would you look at that haha

apparently i have no clue what im talking.about haha

Cant you write a new vin and some other shit in the LSx ecm?

if you were Jesus Christ you could

there is a way with (some) hondas, I don’t see why it couldn’t be possible.

As far as I know , only a gm vin can be loaded . Butt I’m not 100% on that .

So all the stuff I was hearing was true it seems. They don’t just have to have an obd2 ecm to scan but they do indeed need to scan the same manufacturer ecu and it needs to be the same model year or newer