SGM Long Tube Header Development - 30whp Gain!

hahaha sasha you are my hero… i was lol’ing

and to whoever made the vid… good call on the rjd2 <3

Sasha, one day I will make my way down there, and talk fab with you. I haven’t had a good fab’ing convo in a long time! lol

Good work! Keep it up!

Sasha your crazy… I love it! Nice to see the part car being put to good use.

Josh

The prototypes have been dropped off at the tube bender and I am now awaiting the 304 stainless bends so we can do our fabrication of the full stainless steel headers

Just need to get in touch with a collector supplier now.

Nice work Sasha.

PM’d regarding a collector supplier.

good job on the long tube headers, damn it sounds monsterous.

wow, that thing actually screams, LOL
good job man…
I still wanna hear it in person though haha

We need 1/4 mile times. If I remember (too lazy to check now) the guys at spl parts got their NA 350z to a low 11sec 1/4 mile or some shiznit like that.

Can’t edit post, my bad 12.8sec meh

yea 12.8

im not sure what tires but i think it was mostly suspension work, that car isn’t making that much power.

I’m confident we could get our roadster or race car into the low 12s rather easilly on drag radials

Sasha I’m not gay but I love you

WAY TO LOUDDDDDDDD, but do you make it in a 3inch piping?

What Gear did you do these dyno runs in?

5th Gear of a 6 speed box. Testing was done on my dynapack…so gearing is a non factor as every gear would result in exactly the same power

Way to go guys! really good cred building in the auto-world with what you guys have worked on :slight_smile:

Thanks man! It means a lot!

Sorry, but I’m confuzed; “every gear would result in exactly the same power”?

how would this be possible? Each gear before 5th(asuming 5th is a 1:1 ratio) would be a power “multiplyer”.
Does the dyno know what gear you are in?
Calculating the gear ratio every time?
does the dyno know the final drive?
what happens, lets say, if your in 4th?

Im not an expert on dynos, but am very curious about their power ouputs. As after my winter mods I would like to know the acctual wheel hp output of my own vehicle.

Thanks!

i think the dynapack makes up fo that

because u enter the final drive and all that shit into the computer first

so it does not matter

It’s just calculated… everything to do with horsepower is math… it’s not a direct measure of power (torque is)

technically the torque that the dyno sees is affected by the gear ratio (part of the reason you use a high gear… so you dont break shit) but the computer makes up for this… it knows the RPM and it knows the final drive and it knows how fast the hubs are spinning… those are all of the inputs it needs to give you an accurate number.

I’m talking out of my ass slightly because I’m not a pro by any means

Dan will have to give you the final word on this one

No need John…you got it.