she's running, yay!

I know it’s not a 240sx… but hey, it’s the older sister

after 3 months of downtime… 3 turbos…
she’s finally running…
currently at 7 psi, with the pop up valve (my safety measure for now :stuck_out_tongue: ) keeping it there until I remove it

special thanks to

• matt (mr200) for his turbo w/ no shaftplay!
  • MSSC’s Dan,
  • Avery for his 02 pipe,
  • John from New Jersey,
  • sam (martiniracing) for the ebay oil cap,
  • scarborough nissan for the recall parts/install for free (even after 18 years!),
  • poeple at PI @ scarborough
  • poeple at noyzboyz for doing my exhaust
  • and a friend here (sorry I forgot your name) who lived at kingston , help me get lots of 200sx parts and the volvo parts for the intercooler setup,
  • and my girlfriend who went with me to all of my junkyard adventures

specs (some info on what this is)

• ca18et
  • T25G turbo
  • volvo intercooler and rad
  • DSM bov
  • homemade boost controller (exactly what turbonetics sell for 100+ that you can buy for around 30 dollars)
  • 300zx fuel pump
  • nismo oil cap 10hp gain

http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~03funged/car.gif

http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~03funged/engine.gif

need to finish:

• install SAFC 2
  • install 300zx bushings
  • install 280z bushings
  • install CM springs and KYBs
  • install blaster coils
  • dual coil mod
  • install custom fuel rail w/ dsm injectors
  • repaint the pipes
  • adjust lifters (knocking at bit)
  • dyno and tune! my goal was 160 hp at the wheels, the car is 120 hp at the crank stock

need to find

• an LSD that fits on this car
  • a stage 1 clutch (she’s slipping from all that power :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • two rust free fenders
  • better valve cover

after that… my car is done! oh after paint… :stuck_out_tongue:
lol this is my exam sutdying break

back to work!

ed

nice

hey ed congrats man !! trueno powah lol :lol:

congrats! it’s about time you got that thing boosting nicely :smiley:

thats not a trueno, lol

yes finally that thing is up and running.
S12 woo woo.

haha yeah not even close.

looks more liek a coupe gt than a ae86

GT

Way to go Ed.

Your S12 is super clean, I’ve always been a bit jealous.

Glad that turbo worked out for you. With a bit more boost, you should be pushing 12s on the stock setup. It’s good for about 220 whp on the stock injectors.

The T25G hits pretty hard on those little CAs.

Have fun getting the pop-off valve out … man those things rust in there good. Steel + aluminum + 20 years of hot/cold makes for stuck valve.

Just FYI I still have my dual coil setup for sale, and a really decent clutch/pressure plate I had made for mine. It’s good to over 300hp so let me know and maybe we can work something out. I’ve got a valve cover too.

The coil mod will make a big difference in top end power. What you’re really going to want is the 60mm KA throttle body. It will open up the top end a fair bit too.

I’m clearing out a lot of CA18ET stuff, so let me know if you ever need anything.

is the ka throttle body a direct bolt on to my intake? or do I need the ca20e?

Direct bolt on.

All the ca20e manifold does is change which way the TB faces. The ET faces the strut tower and the ca20e points towards the front, but both can use the 60mm throttle body.

the ca20e is not a good manifold design though, you sacrifice flow for easier IC piping.

You have to change the throttle arm/spring, but that’s already been done on this one.

You have to port match the intake, but I’m pretty sure I have a spare if you don’t want to do it on the engine.

I just stuffed my intake with an oily rag, and ported it while still attached to the motor. The shavings will stick to the oil, and you just pull it all out.