Shift518 and Synapse - Show up and Race "Classes" thread.

I dont want to be the person who says “your car should be faster but it disapointed me” nobody wants the disapointment award. I dont feel so good about the best bite/bark awards. Also the ET/weight, How do we weigh the cars? or do we go by the owners word? I think we should try and stay with catagories that we can measure with the tracks instruments and common car knowledge. We are trying to cut down on the prizes until we know what kind of money we were looking at.

A ran a C5 ZO6 last year that actually was running 14s to 13.9 all night. Either the old man couldnt drive or he was babying it bad

Well yeah, if the driver intentionally wants to run slow sure, they can run high ET’s

Fuck it. I’m going to win them all. For n/a ill take my turbos off and win. Ill unhook my front two axles after winning the AWD so that I can win RWD, vice versa for FWD.

Not to mention im the best driver in the world, self taught, no lessons, thank you very much.

anything can happen in racing, DUH! :idiots

I dont want to many redundant prizes as well. I dont want to see the same car go home with five trophies for one race.

1st Place Event Winner. This will be decided thru elimination style racing. I may decide to alow for one red light per team/driver
Best NA? This might have to be divided up by displacement to make it more competetive
Best FI? Could also be best ET. Or a runner up award
Best Grip (60ft times?) Could also be best ET. Or a runner up award
Highest trap. Could also be best ET. Or a runner up award
Best time of the day. Including after eliminations
Best Sleeper
Most consistent - best driver.
Fastest Tuner. I want to see a private owner win the prize but also dont want to leave Synapse, Red Line, Moon, and EPL and for safety I think it should be anything goes including slicks for 1st place but cars must be registered and driven to the event with the exception being the tuner/builder cars."
Fastest NA- best all motor ET
Fastest RWD street tire- no DRs or slicks ET
Fastest AWD street tire- no DRs or slicks ET
Fastest FWD street tire- no DRs or slicks ET

Best improved over stock. -There is reall no way to measure this accurately
Weight VS time? (to see who did the best weight to ET ratio) we would need a scale on site
Best Bark/Bite Somebody might not want this award, controversal

Bikes.
Fastest 1000
Fastest 600
Fastest other
Best 60’.

i got an idea how about you take the top 10 imports and race heads up for cash. ill match the $250 in that purse. Something always goes on so the fastest might not win.

i know my cars quick but AROD, i know u got me beat… your traps from last year are enough to convice me to stay away.

After Eliminations we are gonna try to have time for call outs so anything goes. If you want to race for cash after that then go for it but Im not trying to leave anybody out so limiting a shootout to imports is probably not gonna happen. Im gonna try to stage people in eliminations according to a 2 run qualify… at least thats the idea thus far. I want it to be close racing all day wether its import vs domestic, import vs import and so on. For eliminations you will be a number and 1/4mile time and nothing else will be considered.

Sounds good

so even though we are doing this, we will still get a lot of runs in correct? thats all im really concerned about, lol

lol yeah i just want to get runs in :nod

same here cameo

hopefully everyone one gets plenty of runs in. some people might be in it for the race and not run anymore when the event is over but that will probably be very few people. I cant wait to see some call out racing after the main event is over. Im happy to see more people want to come out for the fun of it and not just to win something

$80 Entry fee. Date and final list of prizes still TBA. Register here: http://www.synapseturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SM&Product_Code=track_rental&Category_Code=

Just so everyone knows, we at Shift do know know anything as far as prizes go, and we are the ones organizing this event, along with Synapse Motorsport. Do not accept any info from the event if it’s not a Shift518 staff member or Synapse.

Who the hell is Johawk? I’m really confused who is running shit.

As of right now, just Shift518 and Synapse Motorsport.

OK. Then everyone shut the fuck up. Too much confusing details. Let them figure it out and let people know. The cart is WAY before the horse right now.

Alright then… its up to you guys. Im out

Nobody is criticizing your helping, and I’m sure nobody would mind your input, but you’re basically trying to call the shots and I’m thinking most of this is being organized IRL, not on the forum anyway…or i would assume so…

Track rental ideas are thrown around every month on most forums… don’t think this was your idea. I’m sure vlad and the shift gang would love your help, but don’t act like this whole thing belongs to you.