Shift518 W.o.T.

Congrats Drew

the baby TJ will be here in aug and i will have a cts-v at some point but healthy fam makes me happy as of now!!!

im happy but still dissapointed.

11.9’s are fast, but not for my car and its setup.

I was pretty confident I was going to have a 11.4-11.5 slip in my hand on the 150 shot. Even that was on the “slower” side of things. 11.2-11.5’s should be done on a 100 shot.

my tires are done now and they are on a back burner in my mind until I figure out a clutch situation. Im going to limp my car to the barn tomorrow and park it for weeks, or months. Who knows.

Let it sit until you can afford to get it where you want it. I’m happy to see you in the 11’s regardless.

ram powergrip HD. Its rated for 500 crank, which was almost where im at on motor.

bought the car with that clutch in it. I guess it had 4k on it when I bought it. I put 40k on it and 9 bottles. Also learned how to drive standard on it. So im not suprised.

yah it will be a few weeks ha

That clutch has been a fuckin’ champ really, who knows what the previous owner did to the shit… hole in piston = ???

Nice run drew

yah I know man. I was told by his buddys right after I bought the car that he did burnouts with it everywhere and beat the snot out of it haha. Its prolly a good thing that the whole drivetrain has been replaced now, minus the trans!

Do a twin disc and call it a day

also, I got yelled at for using nitrous and not having a fire jacket? this was news to me. Never heard I need a fire jacket to use nitrous before.

Look into what petes saying… if you can get away with an upgraded disc you might save a lot of money.

127mph in your car can get you in the 10s if you put some god damn man pants on. Dont be dissapointed, with a right 60’ youll be more then happy with your times

with some better tires, 150 shot, and a clutch that grabs, this is a 130/ 10 sec street car. no doubt about it.

I had the man pants on. I was launching at 4k. Tires were grabbing, the clutch was slipping. I think the tires were too much for the clutch to handle, and then the nitrous just finished it.

thats what im hoping!

who updates the WOT list? Someone needs to update it so I can bump richie off the list and take the #4 spot.

Thought u had DRs on. I’m talking slicks

:shift

I do have drag radials on. My tires were fine. I was hooking great.

sadly, all the runs I cut 1.8-1.9 60’, I missed 2nd gear lol. I was missing gears alot yesterday. Thats not usual.

I will never have slicks on my car. Its not needed. Drag radials do more then enough to get the job done.

When I get a new clutch and tires, I plan on going back and coming out of the hole on the bottle.