Short Piece of angle iron

Long story short , Heat diverter for my grill burners rotted out and fell apart and now Im looking for a small piece (2ft) of 2 1/2 in angle iron to make a replacement. I would purchase a new one off the manu. but @ 22 plus shipping I cant see paying that much when i can just make it. If you got a short piece you can let go cheap idk maybe like $5 I would gladly take it. Im looking for something around 3/16th thickness. Or if you know where I could purchase a length that short lmk. thanks.

most hardware stores should have something. I know ed youngs on main (williamsville) does

not many hardware stores are gonna carry 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3/16

however, just about any of the local steel fab shops will have plenty of random angle laying around.

i work in a sheet metal shop, we’ve got some drops of 2"x2"x1/4" angle if that’ll work for you, or i could easily make up a piece of angle out of 10 Ga. sheet metal for ya. we might even have some 3"x3"x1/4" angle.

just let me know what’ll work for you.

I just need a small piece 2ft long, 2 1/2 angle thats 3/16 thick. Unless there is a thinner size that im not aware of. I have a piece of 2in over it now and it barely covers the burners and 2 1/2 would be almost perfect. Im just goin to cut it down to 23 7/16 and drill about 6 or 7 holes on each side. Johnny Im in cheek and how much would something like that run me to pick up?

I dont deal with many local steel fab shops any suggestions of places i could call for price?

i wouldn’t charge you anything for it. it’s scrap as far as the company is concerned.
if you can send me a pic or a drawing of what you need it wouldn’t take much for me to make it for ya.

metal supermarkets on elmwood avenue has a bunch of cut-offs. you should def find what you are looking for there.

http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/msc-home.aspx

be sweet like my dad and garbage pick every bed frame you see for the next 30 years. guarentee you will never need another piece of angle iron again

Nah, I dont think id prefer to do that. Turbojohnny u have a pm

:word: They’ll sell you any length you want. They’re on the corner of Elmwood and Kenmore.